Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Sand bass

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  dennishoddy 
#1 ·
Man I am so ready to find some sandies some where! Anyone else? Lets keep this post going and report up some good fishin

#2 ·
Threw back a dozen sandy's or so today. I was into the crappie, but I did keep two sandy's for the grill.

#4 ·
Let me know! Can't guarantee a limit, but I can usually get into fish.
Don't tell Okbob that though.

#8 ·
Best lake fishing trip I ever had was with Dennis about 2 summers back. Words can't describe the feeding frenzy action we had going on. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.

#9 ·
The only fishing trip that no fish were caught was with OKbob. Wind was howling, 3' waves in the lake crossing, hundreds of thousands of shad on the surface, and not a single sand bass or hybrid on them. No explanation for that much food, and no fish.

#10 ·
Sounds like some ocean fishing conditions yall were in.

#19 ·
I use an extremely sharp knife to fillet any layers of red meat off the fillet, then run the blade lengthwise on each side of the red stripe like a V.
That usually gets 99% of it.

#20 ·
Hello. I am new here to Oklahoma hunter. Went out fishing the last two weekend to lake Humphreys located in Duncan and did pretty well on Easter weekend bringing home 25 crappie 5 sandies and a saugeye. this last weekend brought home 19 sandies. Although the lake level is way down fishing is still good. On the south end of the lake you can now reach all of the standing timber from the shore line which is where we caught the majority of the crappie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.