Americans bought enough firearms to arm the marines on black friday

This is a discussion on Americans bought enough firearms to arm the marines on black friday within the Guns & Ammo forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 4 Post By dennishoddy
  • 2 Post By Bear Sits In The Woods
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)
  • 2 Post By dennishoddy
  • 2 Post By kwaynem
  • 2 Post By Bullbuster
  • 2 Post By dennishoddy
  • 2 Post By BobbyV
  • 3 Post By dennishoddy
  • 1 Post By Archer22

Thread: Americans bought enough firearms to arm the marines on black friday

Member #
    Liked
    2578 times

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.

USA Today reported that, in total, the FBI states they fielded 202,465 requests during the 24-hour period associated with Black Friday, just under the prior record of 203,086.

The background checks are required for firearms purchases from federally licensed dealers, so the number does not necessarily reflect the actual number of sales that took place.

In some cases, a single background check could be associated with more than one gun purchase if a shopper decided to buy more than one during a single trip. Additionally, not all who apply are ultimately approved, so some applications would not result in a purchase.

In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data.

However, if the numbers even somewhat accurately capture the number of firearms sold, Americans purchased enough guns to arm every member of the approximately 182,000 active duty US Marines.

Much of the activity can likely be associated with the numerous sales and rebates gun manufacturers and sellers offered on Black Friday.

These numbers also do not take into account firearms which were purchased online. Those firearms will then be shipped to a license seller in the purchaser’s area and a background check will be done when they pick up the firearm, so those checks could be spread out over the following weeks.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    A rifle behind every tree!
    kwaynem and BobbyV like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1055 times
    I feel bad that I didn't help us get over the top and set a new record.
    rswink likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    I feel bad that I didn't help us get over the top and set a new record.
    There were some serious sales going on over the weekend. It was tough keeping the CC in the wallet.
    Archer22 and Bird (this time) like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    839 times
    I contributed
    dennishoddy and murphranch like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    Y'all are just a bunch of gun loving rednecks. I’m ashamed I didn’t contribute to that number. Since Beto left not much has been said in taking them away or regulating them.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2578 times
    They still want our guns but are much more devious in their methods.
    They can’t control us as long as we can defend ourselves.
    Bird (this time) and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I bought several before Black Friday . . .

Couldn't pass up some of the blemished receiver sets Aero Precision had on sale.
    kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
    I bought several before Black Friday . . .

Couldn't pass up some of the blemished receiver sets Aero Precision had on sale.
    Bought some blem stuff in the past. I've never found the reason they are blems. They all look perfect. Blem bullets as well.

Member #
    Liked
    623 times
    I feel kinda left out. This is the first year in a while I didn't really buy anything on black Friday. The only thing I bought was on cyber Monday and it was two Radical Firearms Zero Impulse muzzle brakes for my .300 blk and my 6.5 Grendel. If I get my barrel turned and threaded I'd put one on my .308.

I spent an entire $30, lol.
    Bird (this time) likes this.