270 wsm Howa 1500 - Page 2

270 wsm Howa 1500

This is a discussion on 270 wsm Howa 1500 within the Guns & Ammo forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; Originally Posted by Smith676 You get to talking about rifles it's a pissing contest. Everyone has their favorite. A lot of people will tell you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 270 wsm Howa 1500

Member #
    Liked
    2806 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    You get to talking about rifles it's a pissing contest. Everyone has their favorite. A lot of people will tell you all you need to know about a rifle without ever spending any time shooting it. You can google the rifle and their lies all the info that rangemaster so and so had to say about it. Whoopty do. Do your research and talk with people who have shot the particular caliber your interested in and you'll come to a conclusion.
    That's exactly why I only discussed the cartridge performance in my reply.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1213 times
    My theory on a persons favorite rifle/caliber are if you like it, that's just dandy.
    dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Everyone has a favorite and thats alright. Everyone has an opinion and when asked it's okay to give it. But recognize it's just your opinion and respect the opinion of others. I'm open to hearing anything anyone has to say until it turns into the pissing contest previously mentioned. Not hard to weed out the opinions that are formed with no knowledge behind it. But that's just my opinion and to the best of my knowledge the 270 WSM seems like it could be a good candidate for a 70-yard shot through the bathroom window down the hall an Open Door across the street neighbor's house doors open to a wall deer. Iron sights so the boys can't deny my record, probably get bullbuster to record it and post here for all to see. Walmart will more than likely want to sponsor the event it's not a handgun round and dicks will managing start selling exclusively the 270 WSM. To the best of my knowledge though that's just my opinion I will mention this thread in the courtroom I mean record book
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I own long as well as short action rifles and I tend to favor the short actions the best. Guess for that reason and that reason only I’d go with the wsm.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Any particular reason why you enjoyed the short action more? Just the feel of it?

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Probably just me but I have trouble fitting a modern scope on a long action rifle and still get the eye relief I want. I’ve got some long action rifles with old steel tube weaver scopes that work just fine but to me most modern scopes are much shorter. The short actions give me more adjustment but you got to know I’m almost 69 and probably just set in my ways.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Well now you bring up a good point. When i work the action on my 270 while keepin my eye near the nikon i feel like im gonna crack myself in the face. I know im not but sure feels like i can feel it just a hair away. Never thought of that

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Yea, I like to keep my scope as close to the barrel as possible and with the shorter tubes of the scopes it’s just hard for me to span a long action. I’ve even tried the off set rings and still can’t get the eye relief I like. That’s why I’m still using an old K12 weaver scope that’s well over 40 years old on a 7 mm Remington magnum. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Scope still holds true after that kind of recoil fpr so many years? Money well spent!
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    It’s been a good one for sure. Actually I guess it’s closer to 45 years old. I bought it at Southwest shooters on sale for 33 dollars. Bought a 6, 10 and 12 power. Two of them are still on guns but I hit the 10 a few years ago and cracked it. They hardly ever get used but I’d still trust them for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast