Dry firing the Ruger LCP

Dry firing the Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Dry firing the Ruger LCP within the Guns & Ammo forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; Do or do not? I come in search of wisdom oh great hunters please hear my request and give me answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)
  • 1 Post By Bullbuster

Thread: Dry firing the Ruger LCP

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times

Dry firing the Ruger LCP

Do or do not?
    I come in search of wisdom oh great hunters please hear my request and give me answers

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2813 times
    You can dry fire any gun other than a .22 rimfire like a S&W revolver with the firing pin attached to the hammer.
    I've dry fired several of my competition pistols thousands of times while practicing with zero bad issues. Every competition shooter does the same.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2091 times
    Dry fire away.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Thank ya kindly fellas

Member #
    Liked
    678 times
    I routinely take my guns out of the safe, whether I've used them recently or not, and clean them. I always end up sitting there dry firing them for a while after I get them clean. Perfectly safe!

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times
    And it's a good way to break in the trigger mechanism. Also on .22 guns, you can get some plastic drywall anchors from the hardware store, insert one into the chamber and dry fire with no damage. Or you can be really snobbish and get the specific dry fire caps, but wheres the fun in that???
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Good to know thanks yall

Member #
    Liked
    2091 times
    I've got a few snap caps for the rifles. Teaching the boys breathing and trigger control and reloading after the shot. I have a couple Caldwell Bi-pods so practicing prone, kneeling and sitting in the living helps pass the time.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Shoot yeah and beneficial

Member #
    Liked
    2091 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Shoot yeah and beneficial
    lotsa of open range and distance shots around here.