Benelli 828U

Benelli 828U

This is a discussion on Benelli 828U within the Guns & Ammo forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; Looking into a Benelli 828. I have held one in a gun shop but never have talked to anyone personally who has shot one? Worth ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelulu
  • 1 Post By kwaynem

Thread: Benelli 828U

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Benelli 828U

Looking into a Benelli 828. I have held one in a gun shop but never have talked to anyone personally who has shot one? Worth the hype? I am left handed and them making a left handed model is what is persuading me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    I've not shot one. I'm not left-handed either but here's my dos pesos. Every gun that I've handled made by Benelli was a quality gun. They've all been autos but they were light, the action was reliable and they shot well. For their auto guns at the price they sell them they are, in my opinion, an excellent value. As to the O/U 828 I've yet to see one in the field. If they are made with an aluminum or "alloy" receiver beware. Break-open guns concentrate the stress at their opening and an alloy gun is inherently weaker at that location than a gun with a steel receiver. The difference in weight between an alloy receiver gun and one made with steel is noticeable but still, again in my opinion, not worth the loss of inherent strength. I'm not a fan of how they look either but that's just cosmetics.

If you get one let us know how you like it.

*edit* I checked, they are made with a steel receiver. I would buy one without hesitation if you like the cosmetics and the gun fits you.
    Last edited by Kelulu; 02-27-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    And why, today, remember misses?

--Ernest Hemingway--

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    While at the sporting clays facility they had one. I loved how light it was. I don't mind the look at all, I believe the left handed models are all the nickel engraving. Just another way to get some more scratch out of us lefties as if we don't take it hard enough already. Really want to shoot one before I bite off the $2,600 price tag of one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    I bought a couple left handed guns I been shooting right hand guns so long it don’t feel right to me
    Bird (this time) likes this.