Sound off!

Sound off!

This is a discussion on Sound off! within the Archery forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; Any bow hunters on this forum? If so sound off and share with us what equipment your using this year. Any special tips or tricks ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Sound off!

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times

Sound off!

Any bow hunters on this forum?
    If so sound off and share with us what equipment your using this year. Any special tips or tricks that have improved your experiences in the woods?
    With opening day a week away who plans to be in a tree?
    Share some memorable bow hunts if you would like, give us something to read and pass time until we can all get in the woods!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1917 times
    I sold my compound before I left so all I have now is my Ten Point crossbow that is legal to use here.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    811 times
    I went and put up a blind and a feeder a couple weeks ago and sprayed with tick spray and still got about 30 seed ticks off me so I’m not going till we get a freeze I just hope it ain’t January lol
    Bullbuster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2484 times
    I'll be out opening day with the Excalibur cross bow. Haven't been able to use a compound bow since tearing the bicep tendon from the right arm.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Bullbuster.
    Did you lose interest in the compound? I have heard good things about the ten point brand. Whats your experience been like with it?
    Bullbuster likes this.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Kwaynem
    Had a Aflac rep come out to work today, first thing i asked is do you have any kind of tick coverage! They are horrible this year. Whats the deal you think? Im not stretching it an inch when i tell you i've pulled at least 400 ticks off me this year. When i put in food plots my entire right forearm was covered! Took three fellas to knock them all off me.
    Would a Thermacell help with this?

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Mr. Hoddy.
    A torn bicep will shut you down. I have recently suffered a shoulder injury and pray it wont haunt me farther down the road. What did you do before the injury? I've heard of excalibur but not as much recently as i have the ten point brand. What has your experience been with it?

Member #
    Liked
    2484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Mr. Hoddy.
    A torn bicep will shut you down. I have recently suffered a shoulder injury and pray it wont haunt me farther down the road. What did you do before the injury? I've heard of excalibur but not as much recently as i have the ten point brand. What has your experience been with it?
    Yeah, I lost 2" of the tendon. Only 1/2" left with a button through the bone holding it on so the compound went away. I shot a 50% let off Bear Kodiak Magnum before that at 70 lbs.
    The Excalibur is a recurve type of xbow vs a compound style. When I bought it, there were none faster at 375 fps. I think there are some faster now.
    To me, the beauty of the recurve style is that if you break a string in the field, you can replace it right there vs having to leave and find a bow shop with a press.
    This actually happened to me on a controlled hunt at McAlester Army Ammunition depot. A limb I didn't see got into the string and broke it. An hour later after re-sighting in I was back in the game.
    Some say they are too wide to easily walk through the woods, but I can argue that point as well. Worn properly on the sling while walking through the woods, it fits behind ones back and rarely gets into brush or limbs.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1917 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Bullbuster.
    Did you lose interest in the compound? I have heard good things about the ten point brand. Whats your experience been like with it?
    It was an older bow that I’d had for probably 15 years so it needed to go. I’ll get a new one again. I got the crossbow to allow my kids to come and hunt with me. Taken 5-6 deer with it. Missed a couple others as well.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Mr. Hoddy.
    375fps is screamin down range!
    After breaking your string were you able to fill a tag?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast