Lew’s-Spinning rod and real combos

Lew’s-Spinning rod and real combos

This is a discussion on Lew’s-Spinning rod and real combos within the Ratings & Reviews forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; First and foremost Lew’s rods and reels will be my 1st choice from here on out. I just had the best and certainly the most ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lew’s-Spinning rod and real combos

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times

Thumbs up Lew’s-Spinning rod and real combos

First and foremost Lew’s rods and reels will be my 1st choice from here on out. I just had the best and certainly the most unexpected, yet pleasurable, experience with customer service and a parts manager.

Here is my story.....

As y’all know most every year I fish in a ABA Military Pro/ AM tournament up in Kansas. Well this last go round I won 2-American Hero Spinning R&R combo’s. At 6’6” Med action they are sweet feeling rods with a nice smooth reel. Not having had a chance to use them yet, but having used Lew’s R&R many times before, I went to rig them up over the weekend. Pulled them out of the plastic and set them up. As I threaded the line through and pulled down on it the top 8-9” of the one rod just bent right over. The rod was broken and now I was upset. I opened the other rod and look it over. I see that at almost the same spot on this rod it was discolored and looked like it had been crushed. I pulled on the top some and it too just bent right over. Now I’m cussing up a storm and sending things across the garage.

Well I called Lew’s today to see if I could even get 2 new tops and if so, how much. The lady in customer service was very nice and after I told her what happened and what I was after she transferred to a parts manager. Apparently he’d already been given a run down as he said he would check and see what he had available. So after about 5 minutes on hold he comes back and said he had 2 tops for me. He then asked for all my shipping info. I asked how much for the 2 tops and he said “no charge, we support our hero’s”. I said are you friggin kidding me!!! He chuckled and said they will be out the door either today or tomorrow. I’m in total shock as these are not cheap combos by any means. So I have new, free of charge, tops being sent. I can’t say enough about the customer service and care I just received. Never would I have expected that at all. I can’t wait to get out and use them now.
    Last edited by Bullbuster; 07-07-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    kwaynem, baby, dennishoddy and 2 others like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times
    UPDATE—As I sit here and write this I’m looking at the 2 new rod tops that just arrived in the mail from Lew’s. Called Friday, shipped Friday, arrived Tuesday. That’s quick service IMO.
    kwaynem likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3679 times
    Great customer service. That’s the name of the game.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times
    UPDATE TO MY UPDATE—Well I went to put my rods together and they are the wrong tops. My broken ones were 8-eyelet female joint and the new ones are 5-eyelet and male joint. I called Lew’s and spoke to the same individuals. Yes again stellar customer service. Apparently I had the old configuration and these are from the new even though it’s the same model number. So I was asked to send in the spec section off the bases as proof of ownership and they will send me 2 new complete rods. They already emailed me printable postage paid return labels.
    I cant say enough about Lew’s and the help I’ve received. The fact I got the wrong tops stinks but the fact they will replace the entire rod now is above and beyond IMO. Just had to share this latest update.
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3679 times
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1296 times
    Don’t see that kind of service much anymore

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times
    The parts rep I’ve been talking to, Ross Skinner, has been great. Never taken a dermal cutting disk to rod before. That was very interesting cutting the butt end into pieces.

Member #
    Liked
    1603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    The parts rep I’ve been talking to, Ross Skinner, has been great. Never taken a dermal cutting disk to rod before. That was very interesting cutting the butt end into pieces.
    But taking a Dremel to a messed up rod had to have some sort of visceral stress release.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    But taking a Dremel to a messed up rod had to have some sort of visceral stress release.
    Knowing the new outcome sorta. Now when my Fenwick broke I about cried. That was my favorite light/ medium action rod.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2850 times
    I’m pleased to announce that I received my 2 new rods in the mail today. I’m totally impressed with the service and speed I’ve received from Lew’s.
    Name:  91886DE0-92AA-4F2F-9178-11722A6EDD5C.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  910.3 KB
    Last edited by Bullbuster; 07-24-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast