Hunting Pictures and Stories - Page 2

Hunting Pictures and Stories

This is a discussion on Hunting Pictures and Stories within the Making Oklahoma Outdoors Great Again forums, part of the Hunting & Fishing Contest 2018/2019 category; I just noticed no one has posted since June. YIKES! I'll be heading on my annual excursion to Lake Arcadia in two days. Hope to ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Hunting Pictures and Stories

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    I just noticed no one has posted since June. YIKES! I'll be heading on my annual excursion to Lake Arcadia in two days. Hope to rack up some points for us. Gonna be a wet and chilly one, with all this rain the Deep Fork will likely be up which means part of our zone will be flooded. We'll be hunting aquatic deer, I wonder if they'll have webbed hooves. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2059 times
    Yeah, it’s been a bit of a dry spell. I’m just not seeing anything on cameras and it’s been too hot.
    Next week looks like it’s going to be hunting weather. OKC Chan 4 said there is the possibility of snow. 1”+ in the panhandle to .1 in Ponca.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer22 View Post
    I just noticed no one has posted since June. YIKES! I'll be heading on my annual excursion to Lake Arcadia in two days. Hope to rack up some points for us. Gonna be a wet and chilly one, with all this rain the Deep Fork will likely be up which means part of our zone will be flooded. We'll be hunting aquatic deer, I wonder if they'll have webbed hooves. lol
    We’ve been slow so far. Certainly need the points. I’ll be out after deer as soon as the waters recede. Need to get out and get my duck blind set up as well.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    Well, I went hunting so here's my story. Saw a fawn, two spikes, a wall hanger, and a nice 8pt. Had shot opportunities for the fawn, both spikes, and the 8 pt, didn't want to shoot the babies. Jumped several more deer walking to the stand throughout the weekend. The only shot I had at the 8pt was at 30 yards and I was hunting with my recurve. I watched him for better part of an hour eating acorns sitting at exactly 30 yards. I've never shot my recurve past 20 yards so I opted not to shoot for fear of a bad hit. I explained this to my hunting buddy later back at camp so I rolled the Rinehart out at 30 and after my second arrow I was grouping 10" at 30 yards. I could have definitely made a lung shot on that buck.

That was Saturday morning after seeing the buck Friday night. I never had another deer in bow range the rest of the weekend. My buddy shot a 6pt that was recently blinded in one eye. He shot it with a 3 blade mechanical Spitfire that never even opened up. He shot it right through the shoulder and got both lungs.

No points to put up though unfortunately.
    Bullbuster, okbob and dennishoddy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    Good memories are worth more than contest points anyway.
    okbob and dennishoddy like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2059 times
    Good call on not taking a shot your not familiar with.
    Heck with my xbow, I limit myself to 30 yds even though I practice out to 50
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    NOTE---Re posting this for Kenny so he can get point. It was past is bedtime and he had to go to sleep.
    1-doe via muzzle loader.

kwaynem, okbob and baby like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    Daughters cat was screaming at something last night and I found this sucker on the patio with the cat trapped in the corner. Catch and release on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    okbob, kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    He probably come back for some more of that Meow Mix.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    He probably come back for some more of that Meow Mix.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Cat and dog foods all kept indoors.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast