Outdoor Junkies, this is your forum to post pics and stories. - Page 7

Outdoor Junkies, this is your forum to post pics and stories.

This is a discussion on Outdoor Junkies, this is your forum to post pics and stories. within the Outdoor Junkies forums, part of the Hunting & Fishing Contest 2019/2020 category; Originally Posted by Smokewagon How fast is crossbow. Mines 375. Went through so fast I thought I missed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 360 ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Outdoor Junkies, this is your forum to post pics and stories.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    How fast is crossbow. Mines 375. Went through so fast I thought I missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    360 fps

dennishoddy likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    822 times
    Had an 8pt and 2 does come in this morning. Buck needed several more years of growing. But the doe gave me a pretty broadside at 20 yards. I couldn’t resist with my Ruger GP100 10mm. She ran a little and got all wobbly. Thought she was going down and she gave that one last death lunge. And where did she lunge. Right into the middle of the dang plum thicket. That was fun getting her out.

MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    2566 times
    Nice doe! Congrats on getting it with the pistola.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Had an 8pt and 2 does come in this morning. Buck needed several more years of growing. But the doe gave me a pretty broadside at 20 yards. I couldn’t resist with my Ruger GP100 10mm. She ran a little and got all wobbly. Thought she was going down and she gave that one last death lunge. And where did she lunge. Right into the middle of the dang plum thicket. That was fun getting her out.

I had a dad ask me if it would be possible for me to take he and his son out last week to get his first deer. He told me nothing nice, just a little cull deer and if if we could get it done in a easy environment where it would be a enjoyable experience. His son made a great shot but the deer ran off into a washed out spillway of a pond that was-I’m not exaggerating one bit, 150 yards long, 20 foot deep and the bottom was full of knee deep red mud. Took us forever and I thought his dad and I were gonna stroke out. His son still was excited and said he would like to go next year. Never can predict where they are gonna die,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2566 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    I had a dad ask me if it would be possible for me to take he and his son out last week to get his first deer. He told me nothing nice, just a little cull deer and if if we could get it done in a easy environment where it would be a enjoyable experience. His son made a great shot but the deer ran off into a washed out spillway of a pond that was-I’m not exaggerating one bit, 150 yards long, 20 foot deep and the bottom was full of knee deep red mud. Took us forever and I thought his dad and I were gonna stroke out. His son still was excited and said he would like to go next year. Never can predict where they are gonna die,
    Dang it man! Where did those roping skills go? LOL.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Congrats on trapping the coon and opossum Smokewagon. I haven't had a chance to get my traps out yet this year. Hopefully I'll be able to get them going in the next couple of weeks.

Congrats on the pistol killed doe! That's on my "to do" list.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Well, time to catch up on my harvests.

Last Wednesday morning I went duck hunting with my brother. We had several ducks in before legal shooting light, but naturally they left one minute before we could shoot. We did manage to get four birds to come in after legal shooting light. None left. We managed two each.

Wednesday evening I went out to the farm with my cousin to deer hunt. It quickly turned into a hog hunt. My cousin and son each shot a pig within two minutes of getting to their stand. I hand a group of five come in at last light. I managed to hit three of them before they got out of the field. I found two of them.

It was a fun day.

Member #
    Liked
    822 times
    Hell yeah

Kicker likes this.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Opening day of rifle I got the opportunity to go out that morning. Had this buck come in to the field I’m hunting. “Nothing special, just a travel pattern” he came about 80 yards from me and turned around and started to walk back from the way he came. Don’t know why, don’t think he got a smell of me. I was playing the wind and he came in as he was expected. As he started to walk out of the field I was able to stop him. Shot him quartering away and caught the tip of the heart. He ran maybe 50 yards! Rest is history.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Congrats on the buck buddy!!
    Drop likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast