2020/2021 hunting contest - Page 2

2020/2021 hunting contest

This is a discussion on 2020/2021 hunting contest within the 2020-2021 Hunting and Fishing Contest forums, part of the Contests category; Originally Posted by Wishbone I'll sign up for hunting as well. Doubt I will get much fishing done in the fall. Fishing will run into ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 2020/2021 hunting contest

Member #
    Liked
    3396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I'll sign up for hunting as well. Doubt I will get much fishing done in the fall.
    Fishing will run into spring. We typically close the contest after spring turkey season.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Its always been our contest rule that the game you took and used for points had to be shot in OK or that game had to be found in OK. We’ve had people go on African safaris or to other countries and shoot a bunch of game and want those adds for points. Given that I now live and hunt in Wyoming, I have access to game that’s either not found in OK or it is but limited and or difficult to get a tag for in OK. It’s meant to keep the playing field even for all. While OK does have antelope and bear hunting and I have tags for both, I’ll likely be the only member here to hunt either one this season.
    I don't have an issue with counting your points on your team. I'm out of the state about 6 months out of the year myself traveling in the RV. I certainly want my catch/kill counted.
    It's a hunting contest for bragging rights only.
    I enjoy seeing everyone else's hunt/fish.
    Bullbuster and Kicker like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    I’m game if everyone else is as well.
    Kicker likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I'll sign up for hunting as well. Doubt I will get much fishing done in the fall.
    We typically run the fishing and hunting together so fish, fur and feather have their own points. So whether you fish or hunt you can help score some points for your team.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    I would be ok with counting Bullbusters kills and catches.
    After all it's for fun right, and he's a valued member of this fine little community we've got here.
    It's up to all y'all how you wanna do it but where I stand I wouldn't mind at all.
    Bragging rights are on the line!
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Branalfe
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Its always been our contest rule that the game you took and used for points had to be shot in OK or that game had to be found in OK. We’ve had people go on African safaris or to other countries and shoot a bunch of game and want those adds for points. Given that I now live and hunt in Wyoming, I have access to game that’s either not found in OK or it is but limited and or difficult to get a tag for in OK. It’s meant to keep the playing field even for all. While OK does have antelope and bear hunting and I have tags for both, I’ll likely be the only member here to hunt either one this season.
    I completely understand your concerns, but I'd compare the antelope/Bear to hunting wild pigs. Last year Smokewagon and I were really the only ones hunting them, and with them being one of the highest point value animals, our team ran away with the contest. They're an Oklahoma animal, but not all parts. Just my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    OK so here's the list thus far.....

Kicker
    Bear Sits in the Woods
    Smokewagon
    DennisHoddy
    baby
    Wishbone
    Bullbuster
    Kwaynem
    Branalfe

When we do draw teams Dennis and I will be on separate teams and will be the team captains as well. We have 9 thus far so if you're reading this and haven't signed up, please do so. Its free to join, participate and razz your fellow competitors.
    Kicker and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I’m in on the hunting contest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    Yep. If I’m not too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast