Broken up equals a free pass

This is a discussion on Broken up equals a free pass within the Big Game forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Sat on a big hill this morning and immediately spotted 2 bucks that I recognized from trail cam pics. My youngest girl was seconds away ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By murphranch
  • 2 Post By retrieverman
  • 1 Post By Bear Sits In The Woods
  • 2 Post By Smokewagon

Thread: Broken up equals a free pass

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times

Sat on a big hill this morning and immediately spotted 2 bucks that I recognized from trail cam pics. My youngest girl was seconds away from dropping the hammer on the first one at about 150 yards when I noticed he was missing a G-2 on one side and about a third of the main beam on the other. We gave him a free pass. Turned our attention to the other buck and after watching him and a doe bed behind a pond dam we snuck to within about 50 yards and peaked over the dam and I saw the white of a fresh break on a G-3 on the left and G-2 on the other. I looked at my girl and she whispered "let's go find the Big Louie who is busting up all these racks" . I got so tickled at her cause I could tell she was pissed. We slipped off the dam and headed to South Coffeeville Kansas for her and her sisters basketball games this afternoon. These are what they used to look like. The one deer already had a short broke G-3 but she was set on him until the other side got broke up.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    The buck my son has been hunting was missing a brow tine in the last pictures we got (maybe more by now), and he’s opted to pass him.
    dennishoddy and murphranch like this.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Great discipline! Hope yall find the big bully
    murphranch likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    800 times
    All our bucks got broken up within one week. Some had broken main beams. How do you break a main beam? Or better yet, who is breaking the main beams?
    kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016