Matched pair - Page 2

Matched pair

This is a discussion on Matched pair within the Big Game forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Snowmobiles are awesome! Love riding them....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Matched pair

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Snowmobiles are awesome! Love riding them.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    I haven’t ridden a snow machine since I was in the Boy Scouts. Lots of folks use them for those late season hunts as well.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    I haven’t ridden a snow machine since I was in the Boy Scouts. Lots of folks use them for those late season hunts as well.
    They are a way of life during the winter time in the Northern states, especially back east. Had to go to Wisconsin on company business once and there were signs everywhere on the highways to watch for snowmobiles crossing the road.
    Groups of them take off and spend the entire weekend or longer traveling through the woods on trails, staying at hotels, and so on.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1496 times
    They're like a 4-wheeler for the snow. A lot of the same riding technique/rider inputs are the same on both machines. Lot's of fun.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    When we go up to Salida Colorado to go skiing we always take 1 day and do a big snowmobile ride. They feed us lunch up on top of a mountain in a meadow. On the trip we are riding big touring machines. When we stop for lunch they have 2 or 3 of the motoX machines for us to ride in the meadow. They are supper fast and fun. I know when you stick one of those big machines in deep powder it's a workhouse mofo getting them out.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    When we go up to Salida Colorado to go skiing we always take 1 day and do a big snowmobile ride. They feed us lunch up on top of a mountain in a meadow. On the trip we are riding big touring machines. When we stop for lunch they have 2 or 3 of the motoX machines for us to ride in the meadow. They are supper fast and fun. I know when you stick one of those big machines in deep powder it's a workhouse mofo getting them out.

We kept getting a snow machine stuck on our elk hunt in Jan of 2019. Huge fluffly drifts would just bury them.
    Interesting story:
    Wife and I rented some several years ago while in Red River NM. Nobody else but us two wanted to go out, so the owner of the place asked if it was ok with us if the mechanic and his daughter could be our guides.
    Heck ya!
    He took us to Greely peak which is the highest in NM at 13K + altitude. When we got to the meadow near the top, he asked if we noticed those 4' pine trees around the edge. After looking he said those are the tops of 75' tall pines. DO NOT go there.
    We cut around the meadow, and finally discovered we didn't see my wife anymore. She had got too close to the edge, and was buried down in the snow. Not covered up, just rode over the edge and was sitting there. The guide and I dug a tunnel to her that wouldn't collapse on top of us, got her out and then spent several hours working on getting the snow machine out. Long day, but we laugh about it to this day, the guide probably not so much amused.

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    One of our buddies got off the trail and ran down into a steep ravine. The guides had told us not to do that but he did it anyway. He was stuck and the guides made him dig the for the first 30 minutes before helping him. We laughed our butts off. Got a trail cam pic of one that has shed his horns.

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    Been messing with My lab Jack the Black in the yard with a few sheds. Today he found one. When he brought it to me I praised him and played fetch for about 10 minutes. Hoping lots of positive reinforcement and ear scratching love will get him hooked on finding more.

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Tried to get my Brittney to find sheds. He would retrieve them in the yard, but never in the field.
    Found out later that I was leaving my scent on the sheds when throwing them in the yard just like the tennis ball he liked to chase, so when we went to the field, he didn't pay any attention to the antlers.

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Still sporting head gear here. Saw 4 bucks here in town yesterday all with head gear. Little fellas but I plan to go looking around town when I see them start falling.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast