Time to get the party started

This is a discussion on Time to get the party started within the Big Game forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Well itís finally that time. Time to get the long awaited party started around here. By here, I mean WY. The mail lady delivered the ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Bullbuster
  • 1 Post By Bear Sits In The Woods
  • 1 Post By dennishoddy
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)

Thread: Time to get the party started

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times

Well itís finally that time. Time to get the long awaited party started around here. By here, I mean WY. The mail lady delivered the last of the tags today so we fnow have all our tags in hand for this fall with the possible exception of 1 for the wife thatís still TBD.

Iíve got my archery/ gun black bear & either sex muzzle loader antelope.
    Oldest boys got his youth gun either sex antelope & youth gun either sex elk.
    Youngest boys got his youth gun either sex antelope & youth gun either sex deer (whitetail or mule deer).
    Wife may be getting a late season cow elk tag donated to her through a disabled vet group. Still pending landowner donation process.

Fall bear baits get placed Aug 25th. Sep 1st starts archery bear and my ML antelope. Sep 16th starts boys antelope. Oct 1st starts youngest deer and Oct 13th starts oldest elk. If wife gets her cow that would be early Dec probably.
    kwaynem, dennishoddy, baby and 1 others like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    Busy busy busy busy. Gonna be a good lookin freezer at your place
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3270 times
    Sounds like your winter hunting season is going to be full!
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Busy busy busy busy. Gonna be a good lookin freezer at your place
    I’ve got a full size stand up and a chest freezer.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Sounds like your winter hunting season is going to be full!
    My 16 year old can legally hunt on his own here and he knows the areas as well as I do (for a newbie). So he’s able to go fill his own tags. He’s got 6 deer under his belt already. My 14 year old I’ll have to take out. My 4 on 4 off work schedule is a good and bad thing. Will be a fun fall nevertheless.

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    I'm so jealous! My wife and I still dream of moving up there. Maybe in a few years we'll make it a reality. I'd like to schedule another vacation up there at least. Gotta wait for coronavirus to settle down first.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer22 View Post
    I'm so jealous! My wife and I still dream of moving up there. Maybe in a few years we'll make it a reality. I'd like to schedule another vacation up there at least. Gotta wait for coronavirus to settle down first.
    We don’t believe in COVID around here however we’ve had a spike in positive cases the last 2 weeks and things are shutting down. I’d definitely plan a trip out this way. Lots and lots of KOAs if you use those.

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    Yeah, I work for a public health department now. Unfortunately, all day every day is COVID for me and has been since March 9. I was told I can't take a day off pretty much until the pandemic is over, which will be another year or so, maybe two. Even if I catch COVID and have to stay at home I have to work from home.

On a lighter note, YES, I can't wait to get back up there. I'd love to just go get lost in the Beartooth Mountains.

Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    Hope all those are lucky tags!!!
    Bullbuster likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack