2020 sucks... - Page 3

2020 sucks...

This is a discussion on 2020 sucks... within the Big Game forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Well I heard from the Outfitter as he sets up for the future hunts. Apparently he got management control for the entire ranch operation. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 2020 sucks...

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Well I heard from the Outfitter as he sets up for the future hunts. Apparently he got management control for the entire ranch operation. The Cows are gone will be gone for a number of years until the land recovers. He is optimistic the elk will be back this year.

I ask what the contingency plan was if there was no rain and the grass didn't grow back and there were no elk this year also. Wow, I shouldn't have asked. I got a response that said if had misgiving that I should probably cancel as those feeling would follow me to the hunt. I don't know if it was attitude or just the lack nuance that occur communicating by email.

But for me it was one to many red flags. I cancelled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3677 times
    I think I would have done the same.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    So when the refund shows up I will contact my deer guy and set some thing up. I think I can take two buck in OK, is that correct?

I have a new to me, made in 1804 flintlock coming that should be here today or Monday. 75 caliber smoothbore. What a kick that would be to take a deer with it. I will have to see how well I can shoot that gun at 50 yards. Shot with a round lead ball, and real blackpowder. Getting excited just thinking about it.

I would also like to try archery. I haven't taken a deer with bow since 1983. Never taken a buck with a bow. I have a bow and shoot a couple times a month. Its cranked down to 30 lbs right now. I just don't know if my battered shoulder can take me pushing the bow up. I see OK calls for minimum 30 pounds. If I can't pull at least 50 lbs and more, I am not sure I want to shoot a deer with it. Use enough "gun"!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3677 times
    Yes, two bucks in Ok. Both can be taken by archery or one with center fire and one by muzzle loader.
    A crossbow may be the answer to that bad shoulder.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoubleD View Post
    So when the refund shows up I will contact my deer guy and set some thing up. I think I can take two buck in OK, is that correct?

I have a new to me, made in 1804 flintlock coming that should be here today or Monday. 75 caliber smoothbore. What a kick that would be to take a deer with it. I will have to see how well I can shoot that gun at 50 yards. Shot with a round lead ball, and real blackpowder. Getting excited just thinking about it.

I would also like to try archery. I haven't taken a deer with bow since 1983. Never taken a buck with a bow. I have a bow and shoot a couple times a month. Its cranked down to 30 lbs right now. I just don't know if my battered shoulder can take me pushing the bow up. I see OK calls for minimum 30 pounds. If I can't pull at least 50 lbs and more, I am not sure I want to shoot a deer with it. Use enough "gun"!
    I have a bum right arm and can’t pull a bow, so I went to a crossbow about 10 years ago. It’s become my favorite deer hunting method. Getting into a crossbow doesn’t have to be an expensive proposition if you buy a used one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123