Rich's Hunting Adventures - Page 2

Rich's Hunting Adventures

This is a discussion on Rich's Hunting Adventures within the Big Game forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Huntersled, the ball is back in your court. "We do not give refunds if we have the hunt you booked for" I don't understand this ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    Huntersled, the ball is back in your court.

"We do not give refunds if we have the hunt you booked for"

I don't understand this philosophy. ^^

If you have not rendered services, and are out no money why would you not return a deposit, minus a few bucks for mail/phone expenses?
    Do your contracts say in writing that deposits are not refunded? You didn't say that. You might post a pic of your contract with that disclosure on this forum as well as others if it does.

You should have a signed contract with Huntersled with his signature agreeing that his deposit would be forfeited. If so, post it up, and your entire story is backed up.

It would seem this entire adventure your on would have never happened had the deposit been returned.

You have his address/phone number. Just return his deposit.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I've never known of an outfitter or consultant/booking agent to refund a deposit. At most you can get it credited to a different hunt or held for the following season. Rich's wording is really... odd, in that regard.

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 264Magnum View Post
    I've never known of an outfitter or consultant/booking agent to refund a deposit. At most you can get it credited to a different hunt or held for the following season. Rich's wording is really... odd, in that regard.
    Just wanted to see a copy of the contract with the OP's signature to make sure if he was or was not obligated.

I've never used a guide service, and never would if I found out that the service would not refund a deposit with no services rendered after a certain date. If it was last minute, the client is crap out of luck, but if its 6 months in advance, the deposit should be returned as there is plenty of time to book new clients.

We just don't know the details.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1565 times
    Getting in on this kind of late but, doesn't North American Hunt Club have a guide rating service?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    OutfittersRatings.com is another one. I've only used a guide once, but good consultants are a God-send in some cases, and I always talk to one or two before planning a hunt.

Neither of them have been online since they posted, so I'd say this debate was over as soon as it began.

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    Probably. They just follow each other around different forums.

Member #
    Liked
    1095 times
    I say remove both of them from the forum. They are trolls. I agree with Dennis. They just follow each other around sites stirring up crap.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I don't think either of them are trolls, and one of them has to be telling the truth so its somewhat good information to have out there. You've got one guy going around making accusations, and someone defending himself.

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    I doubt we hear from either one again.

Member #
    Many thanks for all the comments. If the deposit is returned, I'll post the info here. Have a great week.

Sled

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast