2018/2019 Waterfowl

2018/2019 Waterfowl

This is a discussion on 2018/2019 Waterfowl within the Waterfowl forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Let’s try and keep a runnng thread on birds and migration in and out of the state. I’ll be hunting out west on public and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2018/2019 Waterfowl

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

2018/2019 Waterfowl

Let’s try and keep a runnng thread on birds and migration in and out of the state. I’ll be hunting out west on public and private.

The private is starting to stack up a few birds but not a ton of water yet. We just turned on the pump last week but it should fill up the 20ish acre swamp pretty quick with the wetter than usual soil. Dad killed a couple mallards this morning and should have killed a limit but his shooting wasn’t up to snuff.
    I’ll be headed up towards the end of the week to chase some deer and hopefully put a beat down on some Mallards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BowmanFLOK View Post
    Let’s try and keep a runnng thread on birds and migration in and out of the state. I’ll be hunting out west on public and private.

The private is starting to stack up a few birds but not a ton of water yet. We just turned on the pump last week but it should fill up the 20ish acre swamp pretty quick with the wetter than usual soil. Dad killed a couple mallards this morning and should have killed a limit but his shooting wasn’t up to snuff.
    I’ll be headed up towards the end of the week to chase some deer and hopefully put a beat down on some Mallards.
    Good deal. Thanks for starting the thread. I've heard this cold front is bringing in more ducks. We have a lot of duck hunters on the forum.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1838 times
    I was with my son this weekend deer hunting west of El Reno, OK and the geese were flying everywhere. Saw a few flights of ducks as well.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    837 times
    My little 2-3 three man group took our 128th duck for the season yesterday morning. Only 5 mallards total, rest were bwt, gwt, gads, wigeon and redheads.
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Nice OkBob. Dad hunted again this AM out west and killed his limit in about 45 minutes. Green heads plus one gadwall and one gwt.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1838 times
    I hate having Monday and Tuesday nights off as it leaves me to hunt by myself as people work normal M-F jobs. However I'm on day 2 of a 10 day stretch.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    I hate having Monday and Tuesday nights off as it leaves me to hunt by myself as people work normal M-F jobs. However I'm on day 2 of a 10 day stretch.
    My problem is with people that have to work during the week. Those of us that are retired don't have a schedule. We hunt when we want, fish when we want and nap when we want.
    Bird (this time) and okbob like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    1838 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    My problem is with people that have to work during the week. Those of us that are retired don't have a schedule. We hunt when we want, fish when we want and nap when we want.

You worked 30+ years and this is how life is treating you. You got delt a rough hand.
    dennishoddy and Settertude like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    You worked 30+ years and this is how life is treating you. You got delt a rough hand.
    Someone has to has to endure the rough stuff of retiring.
    I don't miss the 90 hour weeks during the most miserable of winter times on the open structure of the power plant thawing out instrument lines or working the 140 degree heat of summer in the back passes of the turbines of the power plant.
    Tough work, but I liked it. We always felt like providing power to the communities was a service not a job.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Worst season for me in 20yrs...although I did kill some cool birds on the east coast

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Bullbuster, okbob and baby like this.
    Bowhunting fanatic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast