Foldable Decoys

Foldable Decoys

This is a discussion on Foldable Decoys within the Waterfowl forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; My buddies and I typically walk about a mile into public land to duck/goose hunt. We usually split and haul a few dozen duck decoys ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By okbob
  • 1 Post By Bullbuster
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)

Thread: Foldable Decoys

Member #
    Liked
    112 times

Foldable Decoys

My buddies and I typically walk about a mile into public land to duck/goose hunt. We usually split and haul a few dozen duck decoys and sometimes a set of 4 goose decoys. This year we got into more and more geese, so I want to buy a lot more goose decoys, but I don't want to haul them in! Those things are big, bulky, and heavy!

So I wonder if lower-quality is worth the portability. Or...even better...can I get high quality AND portability?

I've thought about inflatable Canada goose floaters - can't find them. It looks like Cherokee makes inflatable ducks but not geese?
    Louisiana Decoy Company has a 3-in-1 foldable decoy that looks good, but they only have it in specklebelly goose.
    I found some foldable Canada goose floaters. The one forum I see that mentions them has alright reviews - "I have a few, they're durable and kill birds." Here: inflatable canada floaters? : Goose Decoy Forum

Here's a link to the foldable decoys: Bigfoot Canadian Geese Floating Decoys
    10th one down: Sport Plast Model# FLFO910 Floater Foldable Canada Decoy

Thoughts? Other options? I really just want goose decoys I can carry a mile!

Thanks!
    XanderP
    --Craig
    Bartlesville, OK

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    867 times
    I'd consider a cart with handles to pull behind you as you walk. Have a buddy who uses one on public.
    XanderP likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    I use my deer drag cart for all sorts hunting. Works great for hauling decoys and equipment.
    XanderP likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1023 times
    Might buy the inflatables and paint them the way you want them.
    XanderP likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack