Swans

Swans

This is a discussion on Swans within the Waterfowl forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; For the last 6 or 7 years in mid December 5 huge white swans show up on the same pond. They leave in the mornings ...

Thread: Swans

Member #
    Liked
    1092 times

Swans

For the last 6 or 7 years in mid December 5 huge white swans show up on the same pond. They leave in the mornings and come back around 5 each evening. I'm thinking these are the same 5 birds every year. Same pond, same number of birds, same time of year. Do any of you see many swans. I don't know much about them, guess I should use the world wide webb this evening and do some research.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    867 times
    We saw one last year for the first time in about 3 years. There was a pair that had yellow neck bands on about 8 or 9 years ago. My buddy called and told them the numbers that were visible on the bands and they'd been in Iowa just the week before. Seen a couple on a pond east of Stillwater in the early 90's. So nothing with regularity like you see them.

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    Three years ago I saw 2 on a pond at Ft. Sill.
    Last edited by baby; 12-17-2017 at 08:38 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2501 times
    I've seen one wild swan in my life. It was on one of the ponds on the Sooner Power Plant property while I worked there.
    I don't think it a common thing as we had some off duty game wardens as security personnel, and they were excited about seeing it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    Can’t say I’ve ever seen a wild dawn. Seen plenty in the zoo and park ponds and such but that’s it. I’ve heard of people hunting them but can’t say I’ve ever seen regs on them beyond Trumpeters being protected.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal