Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Bird Hunting videos

32K views 353 replies 15 participants last post by  Kelulu 
#1 ·
As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a bit of a soundtrack and some titles and share them primarily with friends via YouTube. It is a fun way to share the sport I love. I checked tonight and I have 69 videos posted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2zK_qz_37lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

This video is one of my favorites and a pretty decent example of what I've been doing with the camera.

https://youtu.be/NjhEd554UZE

Let me know if you enjoy it and I'll put some others up on occasion.

#3 ·
What program do you use to edit your videos? I use my GoPro a lot as well but just download them to my laptop. I don't have any editing software.

#4 ·
I've been using the GoPro Studio software that comes with the camera. I'd recommend getting a stand alone hard drive ($25 at Walmart) and using it to store your video files. They eat up a ton of space. I now have two :(

First learn to cull down your raw video to those parts that are interesting. After that go on YouTube and watch some videos on editing with GoPro Studio and you will quickly figure out how to add music, titles and other effects. It is time consuming but I enjoy it.

I particularly enjoy showing the really neat stuff about the hobbies I enjoy. It took me a couple years to get a really good clip of a covey of quail flushing. I still haven't gotten raw video of a bow-kill deer but it's just a matter of time.

Feel free to ask me questions via PM... I'll help best I can.

#6 ·
Its a double post and I’ll fix it.

Reactions: Settertude
#14 ·
Here's another video.

Rhett's been one heckuva bird dog. Here he finds part of a busted covey, points and holds while my brother and I approach. Marks the bird I shoot and retrieves it to me.

Some people never get to experience this. Some guys spend thousands of dollars to experience it. With Rhett it's been rinse and repeat for the last 10 years. I can't begin to imagine how many birds he's delivered to me.
Hundreds if not thousands.

#21 ·
Lots of good dog work and shooting.
I was watching the 4th covey flush and 3 birds were in a course to cross each other’s path and I kept saying to my self shoot! It would have been a fantastic triple.

#22 ·
Just a half heartbeat earlier and it would have been a really neat video.

I love dissecting my shooting on the videos. Most birds going away or right to left get killed. Most incoming (especially high) or left to right stand a good chance of survival. I probably should work on that.

#23 ·
I have issues with incoming birds as well. I know what I need to do, but when the time comes.....I forget.

#26 ·
I've be watching all your videos at wok. I subscribed to your channel even.

Reactions: Kelulu
#33 ·
Loved it when the dog jumped up and tried to grab the bird.
Can’t believe that snake was out this late in the winter.

#37 ·

Watch how aggressive Ellie Mae is in the second clip. She is a lean, mean quail killing machine!

"And another singer is born, with every sip I take
Drain away my words, just like my flesh and bone
And they're barking at me, yeah they're working on me
Just like my favorite dog"

-7M3-

#41 ·
Ellie is just an old hand. In the raw video you can hear my point alarm go off while I'm collaring Dot. I didn't realize she was on point until I started to look around and see where she had gone. I had to stop and load my gun before I walked in on the thicket. She'd probably held that covey for 3-5 minutes before I came in to flush and THEN she half-circled the thicket and put them in the air for me to shoot. She's got this team thing down solid.

#42 ·
That reminds me of a time back when Tucker was young in NH. He located a grouse that was tucked in next to a stone wall. Tucker make a big half circle around to the other side of that wall putting the grouse between us. Its in the eyes...here ya go, Dad.
Wonderful memories--I've been reading back in my journal when he was young.