Bird Hunting videos

Bird Hunting videos

This is a discussion on Bird Hunting videos within the Upland Game Birds forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Bird Hunting videos

Member #
    Liked
    286 times

Bird Hunting videos

As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a bit of a soundtrack and some titles and share them primarily with friends via YouTube. It is a fun way to share the sport I love. I checked tonight and I have 69 videos posted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2z...7lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

This video is one of my favorites and a pretty decent example of what I've been doing with the camera.

https://youtu.be/NjhEd554UZE

Let me know if you enjoy it and I'll put some others up on occasion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelulu View Post
    As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a bit of a soundtrack and some titles and share them primarily with friends via YouTube. It is a fun way to share the sport I love. I checked tonight and I have 69 videos posted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2z...7lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

This video is one of my favorites and a pretty decent example of what I've been doing with the camera.

https://youtu.be/NjhEd554UZE

Let me know if you enjoy it and I'll put some others up on occasion.
    I like it. Enjoy watching the flush.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    What program do you use to edit your videos? I use my GoPro a lot as well but just download them to my laptop. I don't have any editing software.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    What program do you use to edit your videos? I use my GoPro a lot as well but just download them to my laptop. I don't have any editing software.
    I've been using the GoPro Studio software that comes with the camera. I'd recommend getting a stand alone hard drive ($25 at Walmart) and using it to store your video files. They eat up a ton of space. I now have two

First learn to cull down your raw video to those parts that are interesting. After that go on YouTube and watch some videos on editing with GoPro Studio and you will quickly figure out how to add music, titles and other effects. It is time consuming but I enjoy it.

I particularly enjoy showing the really neat stuff about the hobbies I enjoy. It took me a couple years to get a really good clip of a covey of quail flushing. I still haven't gotten raw video of a bow-kill deer but it's just a matter of time.

Feel free to ask me questions via PM... I'll help best I can.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    I’m seeing double this morning...more coffee please.

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    I’m seeing double this morning...more coffee please.
    Its a double post and I’ll fix it.
    Settertude likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    I've been using the GoPro Studio software that comes with the camera. I'd recommend getting a stand alone hard drive ($25 at Walmart) and using it to store your video files. They eat up a ton of space. I now have two

First learn to cull down your raw video to those parts that are interesting. After that go on YouTube and watch some videos on editing with GoPro Studio and you will quickly figure out how to add music, titles and other effects. It is time consuming but I enjoy it.

I particularly enjoy showing the really neat stuff about the hobbies I enjoy. It took me a couple years to get a really good clip of a covey of quail flushing. I still haven't gotten raw video of a bow-kill deer but it's just a matter of time.

Feel free to ask me questions via PM... I'll help best I can.
    I was given this GoPro about 3 years ago so I don’t have the GoPro edit stuff. Had to download the user manual to know how to use it. Wonder if I can download that from the net?...

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    I was given this GoPro about 3 years ago so I don’t have the GoPro edit stuff. Had to download the user manual to know how to use it. Wonder if I can download that from the net?...
    Absolutely. What you'll want is GoPro Quik. Go to the apps section on GoPro's website and there is a download link there. The Quik app includes the Studio software.
    dennishoddy and Bullbuster like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    Absolutely. What you'll want is GoPro Quik. Go to the apps section on GoPro's website and there is a download link there. The Quik app includes the Studio software.
    Fantastic!!! You should have joined the forum yea ago then I would have already known all this lol. BTW what's your preferred method of carry for it? I've got a head strap but I also mount it directly to my scopes. I made a PVC pipe I stick in the ground as well to mount it on. When I was given to me he gave me all sorts of cases and such.

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Fantastic!!! You should have joined the forum yea ago then I would have already known all this lol. BTW what's your preferred method of carry for it? I've got a head strap but I also mount it directly to my scopes. I made a PVC pipe I stick in the ground as well to mount it on. When I was given to me he gave me all sorts of cases and such.
    I have the head mount and wear it over a ball cap more than anything.

A buddy gave me a wearable gimbal to help smooth out the video. It's a bit heavy for the head mount so I rigged up this god-awful helmet mount. My buddies will laugh at me (but not much as I'll be armed).

I also bought a shoulder mount this summer that I'm going to be trying out on my annual Michigan trip next week. I think it might work for some decent footage. I also use an extendable handheld mount (think selfy-stick) and a nifty little tripod my wife gave me for Christmas a couple years ago.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast