Packsaddle WMA quail hunting advice

This is a discussion on Packsaddle WMA quail hunting advice within the Upland Game Birds forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Hello first time poster and new to this forum. Myself and few good friends from Louisiana are planning a quail hunting trip to Packsaddle WMA ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Hello first time poster and new to this forum.

Myself and few good friends from Louisiana are planning a quail hunting trip to Packsaddle WMA this year. We are experienced woodcock hunters in the piney woods of Louisiana and looking for a new challenge. I’m just looking for any tips, suggestions, recommendations that could make our trip go well. We all know its not about killing and more about watching the dogs work and seeing some new country! I purposely left my question open ended so that hopefully others in the same boat can use this thread to learn something and make their trip a fun one.

Thanks is advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2084 times
    Welcome to the forum, happy hunting to you and your friends. Never been to packsaddle so I’m of no help.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2811 times
    Welcome to the forum. The only thing I know about packsaddle is be be sure and bring boots for your dogs. It is heavily managed by the Oklahoma Wildlife Department for bobwhite quail, and there are some blue quail there as well.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    Bring boots for your dogs, and be prepared to walk up hill no matter where you go lol.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Welcome