Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

I've started a bird hunting podcast

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  akp 
#1 ·
At the request and encouragement of a friend I've started a podcast about bird hunting.

Its called The Wandering Wingshooter Podcast and is available at the link provided and on iTunes, Stitcher and GooglePlay. Please consider giving it a listen.

If you enjoy the conversations please subscribe and give me a review. It helps. I'd also appreciate some positive criticism to help me improve as I conduct more interviews.

#5 ·
Thanks Dennis! If you enjoy it please take the time to rate and review it as it helps move me up the search functions especially on iTunes.

I've got three episodes up.

Episode 1 - John (a member here) talks about hunting grouse and woodcock in New Hampshire.

Episode 2 - Weston talks about habitat development on public lands in the OK panhandle.

Episode 3 - Brent talks about hunting grouse and woodcock in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and how it compares to OK quail hunting.

#6 ·
I listened to #1. Thought it was well done.
I’m getting alerts for the other podcasts so I suspect I’m subscribed.
Kind of new to podcasts so forgive me as I figure out the system. [emoji106]

#9 ·
The podcast is really growing. The latest episode features a detective from Kansas City PD talking about bird hunting on public lands in Kansas. I've got a bird hunter/cancer survivor from Michigan on next week and after that a really neat tattoo artist turned upland artist. If you haven't already give it a listen.

I also got a really exciting phone call today about some future interviews. I'm super excited about how it is developing!

I'll be going to North Dakota later this week to hunt with another podcaster for sharptail grouse and hungarian partridge. After that I'm participating in the National Ruffed Grouse Hunt in Minnesota and hunting Michigan's Upper Peninsula with some friends late in October. I'll be recording podcast episodes at each of these hunts and will put them up as I can. As always I'll take lots of pictures to share with you guys.

#10 ·
Thanks! I’ve enjoyed the podcasts I’ve had time to listen to. The cooking one was really good I thought.

#11 ·
Just listened to the podcast about hunting opportunities in the panhandle and Beaver River WMA with the area Biologist. Enjoyed it with one constructive criticism.

Your guest sounded great on the microphone like he was speaking into it directly while your comments sounded like you were across the room from the microphone. It was hard at times to hear what your comments were.

Other than that, it was a good podcast. Very informative.

#12 ·
In person podcasts are the hardest to get good audio. I've bought a new microphone that should help. The one uploading tomorrow is a group podcast and the audio is a bit rough. The content is top notch though. Episode 7.

Thanks for the input.

#13 ·
With quail season opening Saturday I'd encourage those who might be interested to go listen to the podcast episodes with Weston Storer, Dwayne Elmore and Alan Peoples. Those guys know a ton about bobwhite quail and there are some real gems in their comments.

Weston

Dwayne

Alan

#15 ·
I talk with Tell Judkins of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation in this week's episode. Tell is young, whip-smart and eager. He's recently been promoted to be the head Upland Bird Biologist for the Department. He talks about how the Department decides what studies are beneficial and what they do with the results of the studies. His enthusiasm for birds and bird hunting is infectious. Give him a listen.

#17 ·
Pyke Gear sent me a new discount code yesterday. If you don't need their really badass technical hunting clothing check out the really cool t-shirts he's selling.

Brent's a really good dude as well as a personal friend of mine and all his stuff is American made and super high quality. Give it a look and help out the podcast by making a purchase with the code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.