Took my herd of elephants.

This is a discussion on Took my herd of elephants. within the Turkey Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Ever try sneaking into a prime turkey spot with 2 teenage girls and all your gear? Damn they were noisy and ended up getting silly ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By murphranch
  • 4 Post By dennishoddy
  • 5 Post By okbob
  • 1 Post By murphranch
  • 2 Post By Bullbuster
  • 5 Post By dennishoddy

Thread: Took my herd of elephants.

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times

Ever try sneaking into a prime turkey spot with 2 teenage girls and all your gear? Damn they were noisy and ended up getting silly over any little thing. Once set up I thought my youngest was trying to land fighter jets on an aircraft carrier with her hand movements. Try it some time. After our first attempt I lost control of my giggles and just rolled with it. The wind was a little too stout for my preference and we didnt have any luck but it was still a great afternoon spent with my daughters. Definetly well spent time.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Good times!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1014 times
    Been there part of the fun lol. Also had to help my son when was 9yo bail out the back side of the hunting blind one morning because his eggs sped right through his GI tract. Had birds coming slowly too about 150y out. Did his business, sacrificed a good set of gloves but managed to get back in the blind in time for the shot. Glad we didn't have to sit there much longer as well, because the wind was not in our favor lol.........................................

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by okbob View Post
    Been there part of the fun lol. Also had to help my son when was 9yo bail out the back side of the hunting blind one morning because his eggs sped right through his GI tract. Had birds coming slowly too about 150y out. Did his business, sacrificed a good set of gloves but managed to get back in the blind in time for the shot. Glad we didn't have to sit there much longer as well, because the wind was not in our favor lol.........................................
    That's classic! Memories not to forgotten for sure!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    okbob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    As a former aircraft mechanic on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. It’s a blast teaching kids to turkey hunt isn’t it?
    okbob and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    I used to guide kids and their parents for a neighbor that brought out his church groups and clients to help take does on the DMAP. One kid and his dad were in the blind with me and the son kept telling his dad he needed to pee. Dad kept telling his son to hold it because the magic 1/2 hour when the does came out was upon us. Dad wouldn't even let his son take the rifle out of the case until we saw deer.
    I felt so sorry for that kid, and finally told him to climb down from the blind, do his business and get back in quickly.
    Didn't take him long, and he was back.
    2 minutes later a string of does came out from the other end of the food plot and worked their way toward us. When they got within 80 yards it was almost out of legal light so he shot and got his first doe. I set up the hero shot of him and his deer before I had a cell phone using a camera.
    When I got it developed, the young man had a huge wet stain in the front of his pants that showed up clearly in the photo. Went ahead and sent it to the neighbor. No clue if he passed it on.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's great!