Calling Turkey?

Calling Turkey?

This is a discussion on Calling Turkey? within the Turkey Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Anyone use a foxpro to call turkey ever. I loaded up my foxpro with all the turkey calls they offer, some sound pretty good.. I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)
  • 1 Post By yankeebaddabing
  • 1 Post By yankeebaddabing

Thread: Calling Turkey?

Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Calling Turkey?

Anyone use a foxpro to call turkey ever.

I loaded up my foxpro with all the turkey calls they offer,
    some sound pretty good..

I usually use mouth calls but gonna try the foxpro a few times this season

any input?
    Hidden Content Reviews, Recipes, Hunting Tips and Tactics

Hidden Content Subscribe, Like and Comment

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3563 times
    We can't use electronic calls for turkey in Oklahoma.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    621 times
    To me using a electronic call a turkey wouldn't be a challenge at all. I would was one for coyotes and spring Snow goose. Using a mouth call, box call or slate call is a challenge in itself because it is you against the bird. If you call him within range and when you kill him you know that you worked hard to get him and it was worth the time and effort.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Plus they're illeagle here.
    OneEye likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by baby View Post
    To me using a electronic call a turkey wouldn't be a challenge at all. I would was one for coyotes and spring Snow goose. Using a mouth call, box call or slate call is a challenge in itself because it is you against the bird. If you call him within range and when you kill him you know that you worked hard to get him and it was worth the time and effort.
    I appreciate the feedback, I mostly hunt Texas and it's legal but good to know it's illegal in Oklahoma because i often hunt there as well.
    I know what you mean about calling in birds, it's my favorite time hunting, but trying to shoot one with a bow, film it and call it is quite the task already.
    That's why I'm going to try the foxpro out this season, I will still be calling with my mouth calls though for sure!!

Hidden Content

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Why the big push to use primitive methods (bow) if you're using an electronic call? If you're just wanting a good old fashioned action flick, get a domestic turkey - you just need a feed scoop & they'll come running right for you.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zirrow View Post
    Why the big push to use primitive methods (bow) if you're using an electronic call? If you're just wanting a good old fashioned action flick, get a domestic turkey - you just need a feed scoop & they'll come running right for you.
    Ha now thats funny right there... So your saying by using an electronic call is to easy, well to each their own, Using a shotgun or rifle is to easy but I use a bow 90% of the time.
    Besides I have called many a birds and never used a foxpro to call in birds, I was simply seeing if anyone ever had any luck trying. With that said I will try it this year just to check it out..
    Hunter's these days really need to band together, we have enough groups trying to shut down what we love so much but we are quick to bash our own if they use different methods then others.
    I see it all the time online, hunters bashing others for what they shoot or how they shot it. It's ridiculous really, As long as a hunter is using legal means he should shoot what he wants whether for meat or trophy, IMHO.....

My ultimate goal this turkey season is to decapitate a big tom with a arrow on film to answer your question...... Guillotine style
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Hidden Content

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebaddabing View Post
    Ha now thats funny right there... So your saying by using an electronic call is to easy, well to each their own, Using a shotgun or rifle is to easy but I use a bow 90% of the time.
    Besides I have called many a birds and never used a foxpro to call in birds, I was simply seeing if anyone ever had any luck trying. With that said I will try it this year just to check it out..
    Hunter's these days really need to band together, we have enough groups trying to shut down what we love so much but we are quick to bash our own if they use different methods then others.
    I see it all the time online, hunters bashing others for what they shoot or how they shot it. It's ridiculous really, As long as a hunter is using legal means he should shoot what he wants whether for meat or trophy, IMHO.....

My ultimate goal this turkey season is to decapitate a big tom with a arrow on film to answer your question...... Guillotine style
    It was just a question, but if you want to bash, knock yourself out. Best of luck with your execution this season,.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zirrow View Post
    It was just a question, but if you want to bash, knock yourself out. Best of luck with your execution this season,.
    I only simply asked if anyone used a ecall for turkey before and some input, you told me to get a domestic turkey and just kill it.....
    I'm not hear to bash anyone or any form of hunting.. I'm here to exchange information, learn and hopefully help others...
    Thank you sir and Good Luck to everyone turkey hunting...
    dennishoddy likes this.

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Lot's of birds roosted this evening, anxious for the morning. Clear, cold and little wind, should be entertaining!