Tag teamed more beaver

Tag teamed more beaver

This is a discussion on Tag teamed more beaver within the Small - Medium Game & Varmit forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Was coming by the neighbor lady's house and thought I saw a beaver. Pulled down by her pond and it wasn't 5 minutes and he ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By murphranch

Thread: Tag teamed more beaver

Member #
    Liked
    962 times

Tag teamed more beaver

Was coming by the neighbor lady's house and thought I saw a beaver. Pulled down by her pond and it wasn't 5 minutes and he pokes his head up. Took the shot and Jack jumps out of the Polaris and heads straight to it breaking ice the whole way. I tried calling him back but he wasn't having any of it. Luckily I head shot him. Hate to think what a crippled beaver would do to a dog. He went straight to it and slowly brought it to where he first broke the ice. Drove the Polaris out in the pond about 5 yards, its got a good rocky bottom, and got them loaded. I'm gonna have to work on "NO" "WHOA" and "HERE" or this dog is gonna get his butt kicked or killed.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    Nice beaver! My brittany went out on the ice one day during a pheasant hunt and we didn't know it. Everyone spread out and finally found him struggling in a hole in the ice. He was about spent. One of the guys had a lasso made from a 16' tow strap and was trying to get it over his shoulders and head which was the only thing sticking out of the hole. I got down to my skivvies ready to put the strap around me and then go after the dog, but the last throw made it to its mark and we pulled him out. Ice and dogs are a dangerous combination.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson