Heyburn Lake

Heyburn Lake

This is a discussion on Heyburn Lake within the Wild Hogs forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Has anyone been out there recently and hunted hogs or seen activity? Thinking about planning a trip down sometime if it would be worth it....

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bullbuster

Thread: Heyburn Lake

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Heyburn Lake

Has anyone been out there recently and hunted hogs or seen activity? Thinking about planning a trip down sometime if it would be worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    I hear they are covered up with em. I would like to go take one myself. Old boss of mine took one he said was just under 300lbs out there. I seen the picture it was a big ol pig but i cant say it really weighed that much.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Its about a 4 hour drive for me to get there. I presume there is no night hunting with rifles there for them. But other than that just don't even know where to start. I would love to take a big one for sure but think getting 3 or 4 smaller ones would be just as much fun.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksfly09 View Post
    Its about a 4 hour drive for me to get there. I presume there is no night hunting with rifles there for them. But other than that just don't even know where to start. I would love to take a big one for sure but think getting 3 or 4 smaller ones would be just as much fun.
    Call the biologist that oversees the area. They will tell you everything you wanna know about the hogs as they want them gone as well.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Where are you coming from may be able to help with something closer to home. How did you hear about Heyburn lake haha know folks that liked within 30 miles their entire life and dont know the lake is out there or how it got its name.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Coming some SEK. Pretty sure I went digging around on OK hunting and fishing pages on FB and came across Heyburn. Seemed like a hidden gem and didn't want to expose it but seemed like it would have the least amount of traffic.