Day Walkers

Day Walkers

This is a discussion on Day Walkers within the Wild Hogs forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Don't see many hogs here during daylight, but these pigs were without a mature adult and didn't know better. I've killed off all the adults ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By diggler1833
  • 1 Post By Bird (this time)
  • 1 Post By dennishoddy

Thread: Day Walkers

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Don't see many hogs here during daylight, but these pigs were without a mature adult and didn't know better. I've killed off all the adults with thermal hunting, so I expect to see some erratic behavior out of the remaining piglets.

Sat down to a bowl of cereal this morning and looked up just in time to see all the piglets down in a pasture 150 yards away. Ran out in my undies and boots and snuck around some trees and got within 30 yards.

First shot was a success, and then I realized that I was trying to shoot running piglets on 8X magnification. Yanked that down some (looked later, it was about 3.5x) and picked up three more before they made it into the trees. I had cattle all around me, so I wasn't going to take a chance.

I think I fired six shots in total. The 64gr Speer Gold Dots (discontinued) did a great job, but the shoats were small and I mostly got broadside opportunities.
    However I did hit one with a Texas heart shot...that bullet exited up by the front shoulder, so maybe 16 inches of penetration.

Two also had maimed feet...one was completely severed clean and healed pretty well. I'm guessing somebody is putting out some old foot traps nearby.

*Edit...guess I'll have to send this photo from my computer later.
    Name:  20200623_Shoats Chimney.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  596.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by diggler1833; 06-23-2020 at 12:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1432 times
    Hope ya made it back inside before your Rice Crispies got soggy!
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    No image on my end

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3253 times
    Got one image. Awesome your getting them trimmed out.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1167 times
    Nice !!

Member #
    Liked
    2406 times
    Keep it up. Everyone taken out is one less to deal with.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal