Selling pigs?

Selling pigs?

This is a discussion on Selling pigs? within the Wild Hogs forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; So I ran across this list of Oklahoma feral hog buyers online. I assume that the listed buyers are high fenced pay-hunt operations. I have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Archer22
  • 2 Post By diggler1833

Thread: Selling pigs?

BCR
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Selling pigs?

So I ran across this list of Oklahoma feral hog buyers online. I assume that the listed buyers are high fenced pay-hunt operations. I have a large number of pigs to trap and I admit it would be nice to help pay for a couple of drop traps.

I do have a concern that if these operations aren’t maintaining excellent fence to contain the hogs then I wouldn’t be helping solve the population problem.

I also saw TX buyers listed but I assume it’s illegal to transport a trailer full of pigs across state lines.

Any thoughts from the forum?

http://www.goinfencing.com/feralSF%20Okla.pdf

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    I dont think your allowed to transport them at all but i may be wrong. Seems like it would just be spreading the problem. Fences dont work real well on diggin critters in my experience. Dont blame you for lookin to soften the cost though

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    The only reason the area we've been pig hunting has so many pigs is because of a local, high-fence, ranch who has horrible fences. We've shot pigs 6 miles from the ranch that were on their trail cameras inside their fences. Just saying.
    The locals used to sell them to the ranch until they figured out they were just returning most of the pigs to their original home. They paid $0.65/lb.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3270 times
    Some guy started a high fence hunting area in North Central Ok. Years ago. People in the area that never had pigs now have a nuisance population. His fence was in disrepair.
    You can obtain a permit to transport pigs but I think it has to be obtained from USDA since they are charged with controlling the population in the state.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    If you need some help getting rid of them i would be more than happy to lend a hand!

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    We got a few die hard pig killers on here. Stay tuned and they will have some info for you.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    A few of my lowlife neighbors used to catch them elsewhere and turn them loose around this area in order to charge people to come out with them and hunt the hogs again. I've killed quite a few hogs with notched ears/barred on this place.

I started posting all of my kills on social media, and my neighbors stopped being friendly to me...but I also had a significant reduction of hogs on my land with notched ears/barred. Go figure.
    Bird (this time) and kwaynem like this.