More Dead Hogs

More Dead Hogs

This is a discussion on More Dead Hogs within the Wild Hogs forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; I took my Father in Law out last night and managed to kill a couple even with my inexperience as a guide (I really stink ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: More Dead Hogs

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times

More Dead Hogs

I took my Father in Law out last night and managed to kill a couple even with my inexperience as a guide (I really stink at it because I'm so used to hunting alone).

That takes me over the century mark for the year.

https://youtu.be/oB6gfCejY8I
    Bullbuster and kwaynem like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Good deal!!! Should change your name to Pigkiller.
    Last edited by Bullbuster; 09-15-2020 at 06:25 AM.
    diggler1833 likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Very nice! You pig killing should help clear them out. Sure glad we don’t have them.
    diggler1833 likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    All your videos really make me regret selling all my 6.5G stuff. All I've got left in an AR platform is a .223 and a .300blk.
    diggler1833 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Congrats man!
    diggler1833 likes this.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Good deal!!! Keep change your name to Pigkiller.

I'll change it to: "World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter".
    kwaynem and Bullbuster like this.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Very nice! You pig killing should help clear them out. Sure glad we don’t have them.

I hope so. While I also hope to have plenty of pigs running around to shoot for the foreseeable future...man...seeing these ranchers when we look at one of their torn up fields. They're definitely not in it for the money, and excessive rooting costs both to fix.

Of course, happy ranchers tell their friends about me so...
    kwaynem, dennishoddy and baby like this.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer22 View Post
    All your videos really make me regret selling all my 6.5G stuff. All I've got left in an AR platform is a .223 and a .300blk.

I'm not a huge 300blk guy, but I'll never crap on the cartridge. As far as .223, well I have a few of those laying around. I started killing hogs with one when I first got into thermal. Results were pretty mixed usually. I've dropped some big boars right there with a well-placed shot. However, you can just about figure on having to shoot each runner one more time that you would with something like the Grendel or SPC.

Having both the 6.5G and 6.8 SPC, I'll say that a smart guy would pick one and stick with it. I'm not very smart.
    Bullbuster and Archer22 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggler1833 View Post
    I'll change it to: "World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter".
    That makes for a lllooonnngggg user name lol
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggler1833 View Post
    I'm not a huge 300blk guy, but I'll never crap on the cartridge. As far as .223, well I have a few of those laying around. I started killing hogs with one when I first got into thermal. Results were pretty mixed usually. I've dropped some big boars right there with a well-placed shot. However, you can just about figure on having to shoot each runner one more time that you would with something like the Grendel or SPC.

Having both the 6.5G and 6.8 SPC, I'll say that a smart guy would pick one and stick with it. I'm not very smart.
    If I got seriously back into the pork business I'd pickup or build another upper in 6.5G or 6.8. I think I've had more consistent results with my 300 blk than when I ran my 6.5G though. I only run 110gr Vmax, but mostly 125gr Nosler Ballistic tips. Again though, I was running match ammo in my 6.5G, which is less than ideal for hogs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast