Hog Hunting Public Land

Hog Hunting Public Land

This is a discussion on Hog Hunting Public Land within the Wild Hogs forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; I'm wanting to do some hog hunting on public land. I have been to several of the WMAs duck hunting and deer hunting but don't ...

Member #

Hog Hunting Public Land

I'm wanting to do some hog hunting on public land. I have been to several of the WMAs duck hunting and deer hunting but don't know much about hog hunting. I would really appreciate any input/advice on WMAs that I should look at or stay away from. I have spoken to several of the biologists but most information they give is very broad. Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    First of all, welcome to the forum. I don't hog hunt much. There is a population around the north end of Kaw lake, but they are really nocturnal from what I hear. One would really need a bunch of drivers, and some standers on the other end to flush them out.
    Love valley WMA has a good population from what I hear.
    You can't bait on public ground any more, so that makes it that much more difficult.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Thanks for the reply! Those are actually 2 places I have been looking at. I will most likely have a couple other guys when I go so a brush push might be possible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    The west side of Kaw on the north end has the thickest brush. I suspect that is where most of the hogs are.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've bird hunted Waurika WMA several times in the past and it has PLENTY of hogs. Please go thin some out there so it's less to worry about my dogs getting into.

Member #
    Sounds good! I'll have to check those areas out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by twoodrow12 View Post
    I've bird hunted Waurika WMA several times in the past and it has PLENTY of hogs. Please go thin some out there so it's less to worry about my dogs getting into.
    very interesting, may have to check this out!