Tree shaker! - Page 2

Tree shaker!

This is a discussion on Tree shaker! within the Fishing forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; I didnít get to set any this spring before they went on the nest but plan on putting several limb lines and a couple trot ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Tree shaker!

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    I didnít get to set any this spring before they went on the nest but plan on putting several limb lines and a couple trot lines in Beaver Creek next week. Got a couple of college friends who are coming up to dove hunt and fish. They plan on staying for about 9 days. The pandemic has completely changed their whole employment situations. The good thing about that is itís for the better, not worse. Both can now take care of all of their work in about 1 to 2 hours a day, at any hour of the day as long as they have internet. Hopefully we will get into some dove and some big flatheads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Sounds like a heck of a party Murp! Hope the Shidler QT has enough beer in stock.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    They classify 18” channel cats as oversized catfish here. No blues or flats in these parts either.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    I didnít get to set any this spring before they went on the nest but plan on putting several limb lines and a couple trot lines in Beaver Creek next week. Got a couple of college friends who are coming up to dove hunt and fish. They plan on staying for about 9 days. The pandemic has completely changed their whole employment situations. The good thing about that is itís for the better, not worse. Both can now take care of all of their work in about 1 to 2 hours a day, at any hour of the day as long as they have internet. Hopefully we will get into some dove and some big flatheads

We need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    Sorry for the late reply. We had really good intentions I promise you, but after over indulging the first afternoon, then having trouble getting a couple of guys rallied at 3 a.m. to go check lines and be ready to shoot dove at daylight a decision had to be made. Fish, hunt, or drink. We chose the later 2. Executive decision was run the lines and pull them up and shoot birds. . I had set lines too early in the day. Was busy getting stuff gathered up and the trailer house ready for the guys. We had a few small channels, a decent flathead, a softshell turtle bigger than any snow toboggan Iíve ever seen and an alligator snapper that got brought back to the trailer with the idea of sending him home in the back of one of our buddies SUV. We decided that probably wasnít a good idea after it snapped a black fiberglass dip net handle into- TWICE. We did catch enough bass from the pond by our trailer to feed 9 of us the last evening though. Nothing bigger than a couple pounds. We all agreed that staying up late, eating way too much, adult beverages and our extra curricular activities-shooting, hunting, fishing, cooking and tannerite are harder on us now than it used to be. Especially without a nap.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Are fish this big edible? Or are these catch and release.

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoubleD View Post
    Are fish this big edible? Or are these catch and release.
    They will eat just fine. I hang them by their heads and cut off the tail and bleed them out. There is some trimming to do on them also. Got lots of belly meat too.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Sounds like a perfectly good time to me.
    murphranch and dennishoddy like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1212 times
    Belly meat is the best

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast