Lake closeings

Lake closeings

This is a discussion on Lake closeings within the Fishing forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; I heard Shawnee Lake and Sportsman's Lake are both closed. Even put blocks in front of the boat ramps. I had a trip to Eufaula ...

Thread: Lake closeings

Member #
    Liked
    127 times

Lake closeings

I heard Shawnee Lake and Sportsman's Lake are both closed. Even put blocks in front of the boat ramps. I had a trip to Eufaula early in May cancelled, all core campsites are closed until May 15. I was going May 8th thru 12th This SUCKS!!! Has anyone else heard of any other lakes doing stuff like this???

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    I believe the the corp lakes have been closed for a week or so. I'm not really seeing the reasoning behind the lake closures unless there's a total travel ban. Unless the corp employees are off work also I guess.

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    The ramps were open on Kaw a few days ago. My plans to go fishing there tomorrow got squashed. They shut the dam off to hold back the water. Lake came up 7' in two days.
    I'll try some of the smaller municipal lakes though.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson