Hog Lease? Day Hunts?

Hog Lease? Day Hunts?

This is a discussion on Hog Lease? Day Hunts? within the Hunting Leases & Land For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; What is the going price on a hog lease in Oklahoma? Been down several times with outfitters but considering a lease now. Live in Kansas ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hog Lease? Day Hunts?

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Hog Lease? Day Hunts?

What is the going price on a hog lease in Oklahoma? Been down several times with outfitters but considering a lease now. Live in Kansas and come down a couple times a year. Never more than 4 hunters total.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    777 times
    Really depends. I don't know anyone who is really leasing property just to hunt hogs, maybe I just haven't seen one yet. I'd try looking for a deer lease with hogs on it or just start knocking on doors to get permission to hunt hogs. None of the people in 10 square miles of where I used to hunt hogs would charge you, just ask and act responsibly and you're in.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Is there many wild hogs around OKC area. Living in Kansas it takes me about 4 hours to get to OKC. Not bad at all and don't have to go to OKC just don't even know what area to start. The outfitter that we used were high fenced and looking for more of a wild chase aspect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksfly09 View Post
    Is there many wild hogs around OKC area. Living in Kansas it takes me about 4 hours to get to OKC. Not bad at all and don't have to go to OKC just don't even know what area to start. The outfitter that we used were high fenced and looking for more of a wild chase aspect.
    The hogs have moved in around the OKC area. I’ve seen tracks and scat around Lake Stanley Draper and I know Smokewagons seen them around it before. I seen them at Lake Thunderbird along the shoreline before. We had a member on here some time ago that lived around Anadarko and ran dogs for them and stuck them with knives. Invited me to come hunt with him once but work got in the way and it never happened. I know they are around the Blue River as well.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Are you able to chase these hogs at night with night vision and thermal if on private property?

Member #
    Liked
    3677 times
    Are you able to chase these hogs at night with night vision and thermal if on private property?
    I believe your required to get a permit from the local game warden.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    777 times
    Start knocking on doors of the neighbors near a high fence area. The high fence hunting outfit 6 miles south of my buddy's is directly responsible for how many wild pigs are running around. I've mentioned in another thread, we've shot hogs 6 miles away that were on their cameras inside their high fence getup. They're fences suck and pigs are smart and destructive. If there's a way out, they'll find it.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Hunting with a thermal requires written landowner provision. I also go onto the ODWC website and get my free feral swine night shooting exemption as a landowner designee. In addition, I also notify my local warden (who gets called on me weekly apparently) via text when I go out.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Does that happen to be around Wellston by any chance?

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer22 View Post
    Start knocking on doors of the neighbors near a high fence area. The high fence hunting outfit 6 miles south of my buddy's is directly responsible for how many wild pigs are running around. I've mentioned in another thread, we've shot hogs 6 miles away that were on their cameras inside their high fence getup. They're fences suck and pigs are smart and destructive. If there's a way out, they'll find it.
    Does that happen to be around Wellston?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast