Hunting Raffle - Any Interest?

This is a discussion on Hunting Raffle - Any Interest? within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; As some of you guys may know I run a deer hunting operation in NW Oklahoma on the Medicine Lodge River a few miles off ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Smith676
  • 1 Post By RonFnC918
  • 1 Post By Kicker

Thread: Hunting Raffle - Any Interest?

Member #
    Liked
    53 times

As some of you guys may know I run a deer hunting operation in NW Oklahoma on the Medicine Lodge River a few miles off the Kansas line. I have some open slots and I thought I might offer them in the form of a raffle to members of Oklahomahunter. I kind of wanted to see what you all thought and see if there was any interest in it before I go through the trouble of figuring out how to pull it off. What I thought I would offer is a chance for a youth rifle season slot at $10 a ticket and then a chance for an opening weekend rifle season slot for $20 a ticket. Hunters would be in charge of their own tags. I have a small house for lodging in Burlington or you could stay in Alva or Cherokee if you need more amenities. I will transport hunters to and from the stand and help with game recovery. We have food plots, feeders blinds and stands. We have a heavy deer population and some pretty nice bucks. If any members are interested sound off and let it be known. Thanks
    BobbyV and dennishoddy like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    As some of you guys may know I run a deer hunting operation in NW Oklahoma on the Medicine Lodge River a few miles off the Kansas line. I have some open slots and I thought I might offer them in the form of a raffle to members of Oklahomahunter. I kind of wanted to see what you all thought and see if there was any interest in it before I go through the trouble of figuring out how to pull it off. What I thought I would offer is a chance for a youth rifle season slot at $10 a ticket and then a chance for an opening weekend rifle season slot for $20 a ticket. Hunters would be in charge of their own tags. I have a small house for lodging in Burlington or you could stay in Alva or Cherokee if you need more amenities. I will transport hunters to and from the stand and help with game recovery. We have food plots, feeders blinds and stands. We have a heavy deer population and some pretty nice bucks. If any members are interested sound off and let it be known. Thanks
    I'd be interested . . . how many slots?

My brother lives in Weatherford and his in-laws have land in Leedey where we've hunted for many years.

Member #
    Liked
    2262 times
    I'd be interested.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I'd buy a few
    dennishoddy likes this.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I'd be interested, especially for the youth hunt.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    I was going to raffle one slot for rifle season and one slot for the youth season but doesnt look like there is much interest.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    I would be but the boss is already not happy I’m taking a week off in December for my Oklahoma cow elk hunt

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    I was going to raffle one slot for rifle season and one slot for the youth season but doesnt look like there is much interest.
    Depending on how many you'd have to sell to cover costs we might all buy more than several.

I could talk to family and see.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I would buy multiple for the youth hunt.