Oklahoma Pigs and Antelope

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Pigs and Antelope within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; A group of us have been down to Oklahoma from Kansas a couple times now hunting swine with an outfitter. I know the question has ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ksfly09
  • 1 Post By BobbyV
  • 1 Post By dennishoddy

Thread: Oklahoma Pigs and Antelope

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

A group of us have been down to Oklahoma from Kansas a couple times now hunting swine with an outfitter. I know the question has been asked many times before now but where is a good place to start to look for public hog hunting or highly concentrated area where we could pay the farmer per gun to hunt? We have no problem using the outfitter and really enjoy the outfitter but would like to try do it on our own.

Also, what is the process for getting an antelope tag in Oklahoma? Can a non resident purchase a landowner tag in Oklahoma?

Thanks in advance!
    dennishoddy likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksfly09 View Post
    A group of us have been down to Oklahoma from Kansas a couple times now hunting swine with an outfitter. I know the question has been asked many times before now but where is a good place to start to look for public hog hunting or highly concentrated area where we could pay the farmer per gun to hunt? We have no problem using the outfitter and really enjoy the outfitter but would like to try do it on our own.

Also, what is the process for getting an antelope tag in Oklahoma? Can a non resident purchase a landowner tag in Oklahoma?

Thanks in advance!
    I can't speak to the antelope tag . . . but there are tons of pigs in the south central and southeastern part of the state. A few in the west, but I don't know if they're growing as much out that way.

I'd imagine folks east of I-35 and south of I-40 may have some connections of farmers with a pig problem.

Welcome to the forum.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2268 times
    Northwest Ok has a lot of pigs as well in some areas.
    BobbyV likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If it is relatively difficult for an Oklahoma native to get permission I can imagine that it would be much more difficult for me. I don't have a problem paying the landowner a little. I have a ranger and wouldn't use it on their ground if I did not have permission. Thank you for all of the help already.