New muzzleloader - Page 2

New muzzleloader

This is a discussion on New muzzleloader within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; As far propellants I use pellets for the convenience and no other reason. Still have all my old loose powder and measures and all that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New muzzleloader

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    As far propellants I use pellets for the convenience and no other reason. Still have all my old loose powder and measures and all that in case I want to shoot the Renegade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    Nice looking ML. Good luck on your draw hunt!
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    Well I still have my first TC Renegade my dad got me at 12 years old. Oh how I remember the misfires and inaccuracies. Dont miss that shit at all. At 26 I got a TC Black Diamond. Good gun but fouled very easy in all categories, nipple, breech plug, barrel and action. Old inlines were hard to cap in a hurry. These new style break over muzzleloader are built to correct all past mistakes and reach a whole new level of performance. Just one man's opinion.
    Oh yeah, you've got to love the miss fires. My first chance at shooting a deer was with my muzzleloader. I say chance, because the cap was the only thing to go off. I shoot my muzzleloader after the weekend hunt, and I usually end up with at least one miss fire.

I agree, these new muzzleloaders are definitely more reliable. And I do really like the speed at which they can be reloaded. They're some really nice weapons.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    They have come a long way. I love my cva have never experiemced a missfite yet knock on wood

Member #
    Liked
    851 times
    I've seemed to have accumulated several over the years for whatever reason lol. SxS 12g percussion shotgun, T/C in line 50, Knight Thumbhole 50, Savage MLII Smokeless 50, .45 cal Flintlock, .50 cal Flintlock and my dad's old CVA percussion .50 cal kit gun serial #000010 lol.

Going to be doing the .50 cal flintlock thing this year I think.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Gollybum your a collector haha got a safe just for BP's! If you do let us know how it works out and what rig your using

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    I’ve pretty much gone Savage smokeless. Bought it many years ago in the first or second year they were made.
    Previous was a TC Hawken in .54 cal. It would shoot minute of hay bale on its best day.
    I didn’t know much about MZ loading in those days. I was using a conical bullet when a round ball should have been used, so the inaccuracy was my issue. Never had an issue with misfire though. Drilled out the flash hole a few thousands. Just that small of a difference resulted in enough back pressure that the hammer auto-cocked after every shot and blew off the percussion cap.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    Well I still have my first TC Renegade my dad got me at 12 years old. Oh how I remember the misfires and inaccuracies. Dont miss that shit at all. At 26 I got a TC Black Diamond. Good gun but fouled very easy in all categories, nipple, breech plug, barrel and action. Old inlines were hard to cap in a hurry. These new style break over muzzleloader are built to correct all past mistakes and reach a whole new level of performance. Just one man's opinion.
    I agree that inserting a 209 without the capping tool is next to impossible. I’ve lost them and or left them in the truck and got very frustrated trying to cap.

My .50 is scoped and a ringer. 210g Thompson Center Cheap Shot lead Sabots over 110g of Goex FFg will Mickey Mouse at 100y. I wanna take it to 200y and see how it patterns (never shot over 150y with it). I’ve got no issue shooting at 150y with it. The .54 is open sight and shoots 425g Traditions lead conicals with a patch wad over 95g of Goex FFg. 100y is max rage I’d shoot it right now. I wanna scope it and have it as an option for my kids. The states only youth ML elk hunt is just south of us.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12