New muzzleloader

New muzzleloader

This is a discussion on New muzzleloader within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Just got done sighting in my new CVA Accura V2 LR. This thing is bad.Put a Leupold 3-9x50 on it. Loaded it with 150 grains ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New muzzleloader

Member #
    Liked
    76 times

New muzzleloader

Just got done sighting in my new CVA Accura V2 LR. This thing is bad.Put a Leupold 3-9x50 on it. Loaded it with 150 grains worth of Triple seven pellets and a 250 grain Aero lite belted bullet. After a minor adjustment I can cover a 3 shot group at 100 yards with a quarter. Worth every penny. Got it back and January and stuck it in the safe. Been waiting to have an excuse to get it out. Season is right around the corner and so it the Salt Plains muzzleloader hunt I drew out. I already have another spot picked out on the wall for my next mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Nice rifle and good luck on the Salt Plaines hunt!
    okbob likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Nice man i love my CVA got my biggest buck with it. Straight shooters!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Well with the hunt I drew I'm hoping this is my year. I'll be able to harvest 3 bucks. I would love took take a huge buck with the new muzzleloader and I would love to have 3 taxidermy bills. But I know better. There are some years I take zero bucks and a pile of does. If he isnt mature I wont take him. Usually I get fortunate enough to take one buck.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    That would be good problems to have right haha three new trophys on the wall

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    What makes you prefer the pellets over loose powder?

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    That's a sharp looking gun. I love hunting with my muzzleloader. I really like the look, and abilities of the in-lines, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to leave my old percussion lock behind. I've got a Thompson Center New Englander that I've had since I was 13. I love that gun. I'd really like to try a flintlock!

Good luck on your draw hunt!

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    It would be hard to retire one you have used for so many years.
    Kicker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    I love shooting muzzle loaders. I’ve got a BPI New Frontier .50 (killed several deer with it) and a Traditions Evolution .54 (hope to kill something with it).
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Well I still have my first TC Renegade my dad got me at 12 years old. Oh how I remember the misfires and inaccuracies. Dont miss that shit at all. At 26 I got a TC Black Diamond. Good gun but fouled very easy in all categories, nipple, breech plug, barrel and action. Old inlines were hard to cap in a hurry. These new style break over muzzleloader are built to correct all past mistakes and reach a whole new level of performance. Just one man's opinion.
    Bullbuster likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast