Is this the weekend? - Page 2

Is this the weekend?

This is a discussion on Is this the weekend? within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Ok, whoever publishes that solunar calendar wasn't in my county this last weekend!! Other than the crappy weather Friday night/all day Saturday, I saw little ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Is this the weekend?

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Ok, whoever publishes that solunar calendar wasn't in my county this last weekend!! Other than the crappy weather Friday night/all day Saturday, I saw little to NO chasing of does. Trail cameras last weekend showed quite a few bucks most of which are 'new' to the area. Pulled a couple of my SD cards last night on my way out and the number of bucks declined to almost nothing in a week. I plan to get out next weekend some for the rifle opener but more to make sure folks aren't trespassing. Will take my bow too as we don't have many places setup for a rifle shot. Hope others had better luck!
    dennishoddy likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Saturday was a bust for me. Sunday was exciting, lots of activity. But, the whole pattern changed, so finding them again, 4th year on that piece land, and no 2 yes s are the same so far.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Kicker and dennishoddy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Saw a ton of chasing again this weekend. Had another client, repeat customer from Florida. Had him in the stand an hour and he was done. Shot a young 10 point. I wouldn't of shot him. Small bodied probably about 3 1/2 years old maybe 120 inches. Its his money so I guess as long as he is happy. Still seeing chasing this morning.
    kwaynem and tsmokie like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    768 times
    I saw some dinks chasing two weeks ago. Saw the same dinks walking around alone last weekend. Saw two does paired up with a couple decent bucks yesterday. The problem is, they were across the fence on private land, I need them to slip up and jump the fence on the public parcel I'm hunting.

Member #
    Liked
    2733 times
    Got home this morning from work and while installing the car seat in the van I heard some soft grunting outside. I looked out the slider door and had a buck and 2 doe standing in my front yard. It was dark so I never saw them at first. The buck had his nose up one does rear end and was pushing her around. She ran around and he was right on her tail. When she stopped once he tried to hop on but she took off to the neighbors yard and he was right behind her. The other doe could have cared less. The mule deer ruts going on here for sure.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12