Is this the weekend?

Is this the weekend?

This is a discussion on Is this the weekend? within the Hunting forums, part of the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoors category; Sure looks like the pre-rut is heating up - several bucks on trail cameras with nose to the ground and a doe running for her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Is this the weekend?

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times

Is this the weekend?

Sure looks like the pre-rut is heating up - several bucks on trail cameras with nose to the ground and a doe running for her life in front of him!! Wasn't able to do much this past weekend due to still cleaning up places after the ice storm. But, I've got Friday off and planning on a successful 3 day weekend! We've got a LOT of deer running around and the bigger bucks are starting to show during daylight.

There may be some rain in the forecast where I hunt but if the solunar table is anywhere accurate, this is the weekend to be hunting!!

I can't get the solunar table information to cut/paste where it's legible but says "Best 4 stars" for Saturday and Sunday flanked by "Better 3 stars" on Friday before and Monday after. Getting excited! Going to be roughing it too - tent, cot, cooking outside. Haven't done this in years but figure only a few days and saves $$ from a hotel.

Everyone going out shoot straight and be safe!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3561 times
    Itís certainly the start of the rut. You can always tell because the dead deer on the side of the road grows exponentially when rut starts.
    okbob likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    3561 times

Is this the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Sure looks like the pre-rut is heating up - several bucks on trail cameras with nose to the ground and a doe running for her life in front of him!! Wasn't able to do much this past weekend due to still cleaning up places after the ice storm. But, I've got Friday off and planning on a successful 3 day weekend! We've got a LOT of deer running around and the bigger bucks are starting to show during daylight.

There may be some rain in the forecast where I hunt but if the solunar table is anywhere accurate, this is the weekend to be hunting!!

I can't get the solunar table information to cut/paste where it's legible but says "Best 4 stars" for Saturday and Sunday flanked by "Better 3 stars" on Friday before and Monday after. Getting excited! Going to be roughing it too - tent, cot, cooking outside. Haven't done this in years but figure only a few days and saves $$ from a hotel.

Everyone going out shoot straight and be safe!
    Itís certainly the start of the rut. You can always tell because the dead deer on the side of the road grows exponentially when rut starts.

Enjoy your primitive hunting experience!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Its on up here in Alfalfa County. Tons of chasing going on and the big ones have hot does that they are running the little ones off of. Had two clients from Texas both scored nice bucks this weekend. Both deer came in to rattling all bristled up. There is plenty to keep a hunter entertained right now with all the chasing.
    dennishoddy and okbob like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2733 times
    Saw a FB link this morning for the Kansas turnpike authority were somebody hit a bull elk on the Kansas/ Oklahoma State line Yesterday.

Copy & paste of FB article.

What to my wondering eyes should appear but a miniature…no wait, that’s an ELK! Troop G Kansas Highway Patrol reports this 800 lb bull elk collided with a vehicle near the KS/Okla border last night. Good reminder, to watch for deer (or elk) at this time of year. #NotSantasReindeer
    Name:  157A8787-5DBA-41FE-9867-4821CE3D3ADD.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  649.0 KB
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I have videos of young bucks fighting.

I have videos of bucks scent tracking and scent searching.

I heard fighting all around me last weekend.

I also am getting new unknown bucks in my doe areas.

Sure seems like the rut is right around the corner.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1714 times
    They are chasing wide open here on the state line. Saw several bucks pushing does out into the prairie today along with a few pairs in places you only see them during the rut.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3561 times
    Recently traveled across Southern Ks and Southern Missouri in the last few days. We saw 20+ dead bucks in the ditches.
    Bucks are moving. Itís on.

Member #
    Liked
    1064 times
    Same time every year, lunar tables or not. Be in the stand as much as possible the first two weeks of November.

Member #
    Liked
    1714 times
    Lost count of bucks chasing does today. We worked calves and started southwest of Pawhuska, then east of Foraker,and finished north of Grainola. Every pasture had activity as did several along the road as we moved to the next working.
    This is my favorite time of the year. Itís funny when one of the small bucks has its nose on the ground and is hot on a trail totally oblivious to whatís around him. We had a little 6 point go right by the pens and it never looked up even with a generator running. We were whistling and hollering at it and he just kept his nose to the ground headed south.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast