ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread within the Suggestions, Questions, and Problems forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. It has been designed to have a clean look, to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smokewagon

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Member #
    Liked
    44 times

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. It has been designed to have a clean look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace any mobile apps. This is web only - accessing via your phone browser.
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread URL, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

This is the feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2674 times
    Well I use an iPhone 5 and AT&T. I saw the new look when I logged on. I played around with it for a bit. It will certainly take some getting used too to figure it out.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3471 times
    Cool beans!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1242 times
    Don't like it picture is nice but like the way it was

Member #
    Liked
    3471 times
    I tried using the new mobile format. I can't post a pic. I see the attachment icon on the top, but it does nothing. Can't get it to open.
    Hit everything on the header and it won't allow me to post a pic. IPhone 5S
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1056 times
    Samsung S5, locked up the first attempt. Restarted phone, attempted again and the site was incredibly slow and finally loaded. Anything selected was slow, went back to desktop view and all is normal.

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    I clicked on the normal view. Because I hate it.
    kwaynem likes this.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Actually it says "exit enhanced mobile view". Click that to go back to normal.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1242 times
    That's what I did

Member #
    Liked
    2674 times
    I had to click back to the old view as well. I was having difficulties getting stuff to open.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal