Hound pointer cross dogs

Hound pointer cross dogs

This is a discussion on Hound pointer cross dogs within the Gun Dogs forums, part of the Tools of the Trade category; Years ago I had a nice English pointer / Treeing Walker hound cross that was a great little female. She was tight mouthed on a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TickTock

Thread: Hound pointer cross dogs

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Hound pointer cross dogs

Years ago I had a nice English pointer / Treeing Walker hound cross that was a great little female. She was tight mouthed on a track but full open when tree's. She'd really hustle but not range out overly far & was a pleasure to hunt day or night on coons & squirrels.

Anyway I'd love to have another cross bred dog like that & if anyone hears of pups 1/2 hound & 1/2 pointer ( English or gsd ) please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2491 times
    Interesting cross. I ran beagles for years until rabbits gave out, and then switched to Brittney's for upland game.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Strictly redbone experience here.
    Love to here them sing on a calm night.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I definitely like the ol redbone's. I never had a great one but several good ones. In fact my first hound was a $40 dog trader special redbone female when I was 14. "Kitty" would tree squirrels during the day and anything else that would climb at night, never trashed on skunk's, deer or coyotes. Thinking back now those we're honestly good times walking to a hunting spot or being dropped off, just Treeing whatever she chased with nothing but a mag light not even a.22 lol had to "kick out" game to her
    dennishoddy likes this.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Memories like that is what i fall back on when i sit and think. I gave $50 for my first red old man named clifford let me buy it out in four payments to him. It took me a long time to get him his money he lived a county and half over and i couldnt drive. He never one time said anything more than i know your good for it when you shook my hand. He has long since passed but the world of hunting he opened me up to with that dog and his kindness to a young fella had a lasting impression on me. Back before careers kids car payments grocery bills and well adult life haha