New On Forum From PA

New On Forum From PA

This is a discussion on New On Forum From PA within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; How's everyone doing? I recently just joined the forum. My friend and I were researching going to Oklahoma hunting some year. We have been dedicated ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PA_Wanderer
  • 1 Post By kwaynem
  • 1 Post By dennishoddy

Thread: New On Forum From PA

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

New On Forum From PA

How's everyone doing? I recently just joined the forum. My friend and I were researching going to Oklahoma hunting some year. We have been dedicated PA hunters most of our lives and life has gotten to the point where we can slow down from the chasing of the dollar to chasing Whitetails in different places. Every time we talk about destinations, Oklahoma always comes up. Coming from nothing but mountains, we are looking to go out of our norm and try something different. Great things about forums such as this one is, that it connects hunters. I have met quite a few people just from forums like this. I look forward to gaining knowledge about deer hunting in Oklahoma and learning from all on the forum.
    dennishoddy likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    Welcome to the forum you can find just about any kind of terrain you can think of here from thick brushy hills and river and creek bottoms to the open prairies just depends on what part of the state you go to
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaynem View Post
    Welcome to the forum you can find just about any kind of terrain you can think of here from thick brushy hills and river and creek bottoms to the open prairies just depends on what part of the state you go to
    What he said ^^^^^ we have one of the most diverse terrains of any state. Semi-arid lands in the west, cross timbers in the center, wooded hills in the east, and one of the oldest mountain ranges in the US. Lots of big lakes as well, mostly in the Eastern and Southern part of the state.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Welcome

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Welcome to the forum. Never hunted PA but know lots of folks who do/ have. Closest for me was VA & NC.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    Welcome to the site and the state if you make it down this way.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. It is much appreciated. PA is a tough state to hunt in some ways. I believe we have the highest hunter densities in the nation. Good thing is most of them are lazy. No scouting, no preparation, then complain the state is mismanaging deer. Anyways. We will definitely be in OK next year. We are planning on coming down to turkey hunt and scout. I have an Osceola, numerous Easterns, and now it is time to try and add a Rio to the list.

Member #
    Liked
    2498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PA_Wanderer View Post
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. It is much appreciated. PA is a tough state to hunt in some ways. I believe we have the highest hunter densities in the nation. Good thing is most of them are lazy. No scouting, no preparation, then complain the state is mismanaging deer. Anyways. We will definitely be in OK next year. We are planning on coming down to turkey hunt and scout. I have an Osceola, numerous Easterns, and now it is time to try and add a Rio to the list.
    You will like hunting rio's. They aren't like easterns than can be closed mouthed at times. Rio's are very vocal and my favorite method is run and gun. Walk roads in public WMA"s while yelping and listen for the call back, then take a stand.
    Rio's are mainly west of I-35 that splits the state from north to south with some exceptions in Northern Counties. Easterns in the East part of the state with some Merriams in the panhandle.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson