New Member and Hunter

New Member and Hunter

This is a discussion on New Member and Hunter within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Hello all, I am brand new on the forum and hunting in general. Coming from a family up in the north who hadn't ever hunted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Member and Hunter

exe
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

New Member and Hunter

Hello all,

I am brand new on the forum and hunting in general. Coming from a family up in the north who hadn't ever hunted I was not exposed to it early enough. I am here to learn and read up on as much as I can, thank you for your knowledge and help on my journey

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exe View Post
    Hello all,

I am brand new on the forum and hunting in general. Coming from a family up in the north who hadn't ever hunted I was not exposed to it early enough. I am here to learn and read up on as much as I can, thank you for your knowledge and help on my journey
    Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter. We’re glad to have you. Please tell us a bit more about yourself. Where are you from? What made you decide to get into hunting? Have you been hunting yet or are you still waiting for that chance? By all means ask questions as well. We are here to help answer questions.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    What do you have or are planning to get to hunt with

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Welcome!
    Do you think you would enjoy archery? Fire away with any questions!

Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    Welcome to the site and I hope you find hunting and all outdoors activities as much fun as we have.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

exe
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter. We’re glad to have you. Please tell us a bit more about yourself. Where are you from? What made you decide to get into hunting? Have you been hunting yet or are you still waiting for that chance? By all means ask questions as well. We are here to help answer questions.
    Thank you much! Born in New Jersey, moved to Owasso a few years back but now I am in Tulsa. I have always wanted to go hunting but gun laws are crazy in Jersey and I never knew anyone. I have not gone yet, still looking for the chance. I will probably try a go at squirrel just to get some practice in, but would really like to hunt deer and hog when more seasoned. I am having a hard time trying to find where I can actually go to hunt on public lands. If anyone knows where I can go that is close to Tulsa I would love to hear it
    Bullbuster likes this.

exe
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rswink View Post
    What do you have or are planning to get to hunt with

I am selling my AR I have to buy more utility guns...

I am looking at a 10/22 or RS22 for some squirrel hunting and just to plink around at the range, and I am liking the Ruger American 243 or 270 for when I consider myself ready for deer

exe
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Welcome!
    Do you think you would enjoy archery? Fire away with any questions!
    Archery is definitely is on my list, but I believe I wont be pursuing this until after my first year or two of hunting seasons.

exe
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Welcome to the site and I hope you find hunting and all outdoors activities as much fun as we have.
    Thank you Bird! I am looking forward to it

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I have an AR as well as 10/22. One for protection, 1 for plinking. For squirrels, rabbits, etc I use a Ruger American in 22LR. I also have a Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmoor, it takes AICS mags, this I like as I want to get the rifle in 204 or 243 for Coyotes, Beavers, and the like, also with AICS mags. But Deer also get found with a Marlin 30-30, a crossbow, a compound bow, and have even fielded a modern traditional bow. As for shotguns, I don't hunt duck buy I have been know to catch a Turkey, so I have a Mossberg 12 gauge, or a single shot if I am feeling frisky.

Now, my wife have her 22LR's and 22WMR's in Marlin, her 243 is Mossberg, her shotguns are in 20 and 410, pumps or singles. Plus she has her compound bow.

Looking at adding the wife a crossbow as she has started shooting mine. And she is eyeing my Trad, so yeah. Plus, she really needs an AR, just watch it be pink. Plus she is wanting us to pick up a 38/357 Lever/Revolver combo for her and 44 Combo for me, what a great wife. Plus she is always on the hunt for more 22's for herself. My next 22 will probably be a hornet if I can find 1 I like.

Anyway, way long winded, basically came to say let us know what you need to know, if you want opinions, or just to shoot the breeze.

dennishoddy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast