I was born and raised here and have been a woods rat for 20 years. Before it is too late I want to share some things with other Oklahoma Hunters that you should really be aware of. My promise to you is, what you read will be the truth.
But first I would like to pose some questions to all forum members willing to honestly answer them. (As this is YOUR website and YOUR forum, not our group's, you may post ANY kind of response, honest, silly or demeaning. I won't waste time to reply to foolishness or sillyness.
1. Have you ever heard - usually at night - a very loud sound "exactly like a woman screaming in great pain or distress", with the sound coming from a remote wooded area not likely to have a woman present?
2. Have you ever heard - usually at night - the sound of a baby crying, with the sound coming from a remote wooded area not likely to have a baby present?
3. In the bottom lands, have you ever heard - usually at night, but sometimes just before dark, the very loud sounds of wood being beaten against wood (usually a tree or log, but sometimes against man made structures)?
4. In the mountains, have you ever heard - usually at night, but sometimes just before dark, the very loud sounds of rocks being beaten against rocks?
5. Have you heard deep, coarse human-like whistling sounds coming from one or more locations where humans would not likely be?
6. Have you heard the distinct sounds of daytime birds coming from one or more locations near you at night when there was no full moon? (Typically the sound of crows, cardinals or quail, but sometimes the sounds of domestic hens or roosters from areas where there are no homes or farms)
7. Any extremely loud human-like yelling, shouting or high pitched scream sounds that were continued without interrupution for a time period that would seem to be out of range of a human's lung capacity?
8. Very early in the morning, or anytime from nightfall to full daylight, have you every had something follow beside you, out of sight but whose footsteps could be heard, and whatever it was walked when you walked and stopped when you stopped?
9. Day or night while hunting, have you ever had the distinct feeling that someone one was watching you, and you began to feel very uneasy or nervous? Was the feeling strong enough that the hair on your arms and/or neck "stood up"?
10. While in the woods have you ever detected a very strong and obnoxious odor that seemed to be a combination of rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide), a raw sewer and rotten meat? Was the smell strong enough that your eyes burned and watered, or made you nauseous? (Forget about the simple sulfide smell from the paper mills, that one is relatively mild compared to the real thing. LOL)
11. Have you, or any members of your controlled access hunting club, made a killing shot on a deer that managed to get out of the shooter's sight before it fell and bled out, but when the deer was tracked to the spot it died it was missing with no evidence showing that it had been drug away?
12. While hunting the more inaccessible part of the river bottoms or the mountains have you every found the bones or other remains of several different kind of animals or turkeys on the ground near caves or bluff overhangs in the hills or on Indian mounds, swamp islands or in the thickets on high ground in the wetlands bottoms?
13. As a night hunter using dogs, has your dogs ever refused to leave the area of your vehicle when first put out? Have they ever quit hunting and returned to you and acted cowered by something? Did they continue to watch a certain area around you with the hair on their neck raised?
14. Have you had dogs to seemingly disappear at night and never be found?
15. Have you found in the woods, the body of any dog that had the top of its head crushed?
16. Have you ever found the freshly killed bodies of deer, hogs or calves from a nearby ranch that had the rib cage torn open down the front and the heart and liver removed? A fresh kill that had a hind quarter or the head torn off and missing. Were any of the leg bones broken?
17. Has anyone that you trusted for the truth, every told you of seeing in the woods a very large and muscular, human-like creature covered in reddish brown hair, with long swinging arms, walking upright but slightly stooped? Did you belive him or her?
Thank you for taking the time to read this long post. If your answer to any of these questions was YES, I would like to know when, where and how long ago. I and others very much need that input for a computerized data base. If you don't want to post that info on the forum, PLEASE send me a personal mail. If you had rather talk to me. Send me a phone number and a time I could call.