New Guy Looking For A Turkey - Page 2

New Guy Looking For A Turkey

This is a discussion on New Guy Looking For A Turkey within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm currently in the Tulsa area. I might just go check out that expo in OKC to see what's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Guy Looking For A Turkey

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm currently in the Tulsa area. I might just go check out that expo in OKC to see what's going on. Sounds fun. UPDATE- years back, our family sold our family farm up in Kansas as we couldn't take care of it anymore. Anyway, we got in contact with the owners of it (very friendly people) and they said they have some turkeys up there. I have yet to hear anything about kansas. Obviously this is an oklahoma forum but now wondering if anyone knows if that would be worth a weekend trip. The farm is in Hadam Kansas. Probably about 4-5 hour drive from Tulsa. Worth it? Not worth it? So far I've heard on this thread that it's been tough on public land in the areas around comanche the past couple years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    I don't know much about hunting in Kansas for Turkey. I've hunted there a couple of times for pheasant in NW Ks.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1714 times
    There's some good country around Hadam. We buy a lot of our bulls from a guy who lives just outside of Cuba, which is just east of there. I could ask him about turkey populations in that area.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    KS is pretty under rated as far as turkey goes. Around $120 for NR tag I think, it's been a couple of years since I hunted there for turkey.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The farm land we would have access to is in Hadam KS. Different terrain than SE Oklahoma it seems. Either Way, it's hunting so can't go too wrong I guess. Happy hunting everyone.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hunting mayhem View Post
    Originally from the Pacific Northwest.
    What part of the PNW you from? I'm originally from SE WA. Grew up on the Columbia river.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12