OK SB 1845 "Mental Health Regulations"

This is a discussion on OK SB 1845 "Mental Health Regulations" within the Second Ammendment Rights forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Oklahoma: Senate Bill 1845 Rescheduled for Hearing Next Week Senate Bill 1845, introduced by state Senator Greg Treat (R-47) and coauthored by state Representative Steve ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OK SB 1845 "Mental Health Regulations"

Member #
    Liked
    2689 times

Oklahoma: Senate Bill 1845 Rescheduled for Hearing Next Week

Senate Bill 1845, introduced by state Senator Greg Treat (R-47) and coauthored by state Representative Steve Martin (R-10), has been rescheduled by the state Senate Public Safety Committee from tomorrow to next week. SB 1845 would ensure that Oklahoma law meets the requirements set forth in the federal NICS Improvement Amendments Act (NIAA) of 2007, and would add Oklahoma to the list of nearly half of the states that are NIAA certified.

Currently, those who have been placed under certain types of mental health-related orders are prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms. The NIAA establishes clear standards for states to use in crafting laws to provide persons subject to these prohibitions a process to seek restoration of their gun rights. This legislation, under the guidelines established by the NIAA, will allow a court to grant relief from the federal prohibition upon a finding that the petitioner will not be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety and that the granting of the relief would not be contrary to the public interest. SB 1845 provides a path and process for Oklahomans, including military service members and veterans, to have their gun rights restored.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated as details about the rescheduled Senate committee hearing become known. In the meantime, please contact the Senate committee members listed below and urge their support for SB 1845.

Senate Public Safety Committee:

Senator Don Barrington (R-31) – Chairman
    (405) 521-5563
    [email protected]

Senator Kim David (R-18) - Vice Chairman
    (405) 521-5590
    [email protected]

Senator Roger Ballenger (D-8)
    (405) 521-5588
    [email protected]

Senator Larry Boggs (R-7)
    (405) 521-5604
    [email protected]

Senator Josh Brecheen (R-6)
    (405) 521-5586
    [email protected]

Senator David Holt (R-30)
    (405) 521-5636
    [email protected]

Senator Al McAffrey (D-46)
    (405) 521-5610
    [email protected]

Senator Wayne Shaw (R-3)
    (405) 521-5574
    [email protected]

Senator Ralph Shortey (R-44)
    (405) 521-5557
    [email protected]

"This was cut and pasted from an NRA-ILA news letter I receive"
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Only you can influence your mental health. Everyone influences his own body. I know it sounds a little weird, but it's true ... A couple of years ago, I had serious health problems. During that period I first experienced a loss of potency and after I passed the testosterone test I realized that I have a very low testosterone level. This was very unexpected for me and I had a long depression. After that, I started treatment and was treated for a whole year. Throughout the year, I also continued to do the testosterone test and it helped me monitor my progress. As a result, I completely recovered both physically and mentally!
    Last edited by GraceWalsh; 08-02-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1535 times
    Wow, common sense gun legislation. Seems weird.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3503 times
    All current information in 2014.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    All current information in 2014.
    We all know what a several year old resurrected post means?! Sounds like a potted meat in can to me.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    For sure! We are getting plenty helpings of it lately

Member #
    Liked
    2689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    For sure! We are getting plenty helpings of it lately
    If you only knew how bad it’s been in the last couple weeks. I’ve removed probably 2 dozen HVAC spammers alone.
    Archer22 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3503 times
    It seems we have a sweet spot getting real new members vs the spammers. If we lock it down, no new members.
    If we open up the membership requirements, the spammers find it in a heart beat.
    Working on this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    you fellas are doing great we all thank ya for it keep up the good work
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Your work is excellent, i liked how they did it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast