2013/2014 contest results

This is a discussion on 2013/2014 contest results within the Hunting & Fishing Contest 2013-2014 forums, part of the Contests category; Well another contest has come to a close once again. Some had great season and other had bad seasons. I know several of us just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2013/2014 contest results

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times

Well another contest has come to a close once again. Some had great season and other had bad seasons. I know several of us just couldn't make it out much or at all.

Congrats to everyone for filing the freezers and fur sheds this past season. Now for the results......

TEAM PETA PALS and 5,735 points WINS!!!
    1-Dennishoddy--2,930 TOP POINT SCORER
    2-smokewagon--1,350
    3-Okherp
    4-264Magnum
    5-tie-NHagar, wmurphey
    7-Janda
    8-reflexhunter

TEAM CRITTER CATCHERS and 4,430 points
    1-Okbob--1,800
    2-masonbanta--1,495
    3-Bullbuster
    4-Tulsahunter
    5-babe
    6-Mark S
    7-TSpandlin
    8-bird

Only the points for the top 2 are listed as they did the bulk of the points for each team.
    janda likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    874 times
    Congrats Peta Pals! Looks like I'm going to have to start fishing, lol, congrats Dennis!
    dennishoddy likes this.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Gonna have to actually kill a deer or two this next year lol
    Bowhunting fanatic!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    I only hunted 3 1/2 days for deer and dove, zero days for duck, not sure how many for turkey. I was happy with what a contributed in my short season. This next fall will be different.

I am in talks for a DIY NM bear, deer and elk combo hunt.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Nice!!!!!!!
    Bowhunting fanatic!

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    That would be a heck of a hunt!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    I only hunted 3 1/2 days for deer and dove, zero days for duck, not sure how many for turkey. I was happy with what a contributed in my short season. This next fall will be different.

I am in talks for a DIY NM bear, deer and elk combo hunt.
    If we're on the same team, nobody else even needs to show up. I've got deer, bear, elk and wolf in Idaho, deer and bear in Arkansas, and deer in Kansas. Antelope and my regular hunts in Oklahoma.
    Bullbuster and dennishoddy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1945 times
    Well after some calls tonight's I'm outta luck on any deer or elk hunt in NM for this fall (draw only). But I can do an Over The Counter bear tag which is what those I'd be going with plan to do. May even take the invite to go hunt Honobia for deer.
    It's still early enough yet for making plans.

Member #
    Liked
    2580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 264Magnum View Post
    If we're on the same team, nobody else even needs to show up. I've got deer, bear, elk and wolf in Idaho, deer and bear in Arkansas, and deer in Kansas. Antelope and my regular hunts in Oklahoma.
    Dang, your schedule is busy! I'd love to do a wolf hunt.

If we get to go to Alaska next year, I might bag a griz, if one gets too close. lol.... planning a little more back country this time vs a cruise.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Dang, your schedule is busy! I'd love to do a wolf hunt.

If we get to go to Alaska next year, I might bag a griz, if one gets too close. lol.... planning a little more back country this time vs a cruise.
    I didn't exactly plan to have that many hunts this year, they just kept stacking up. I've been planning Idaho since last year, and that's the most important one. The guys I went to Mexico with last year and I were going to get a lease in Oklahoma, when one buddy says we should just go hunt his spot in Kansas. So OK, lets all go to Kansas. Talking to a good friend of mine in Arkansas and half jokingly asked if she knew anywhere I can hunt out there, she says she has a close family friend that'll gladly let me come out and hunt. So OK, guess I'm hunting Arkansas, too.

And then I draw an antelope tag in Oklahoma. Yeah, gonna be a busy year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast