Hang on tree stands

Hang on tree stands

This is a discussion on Hang on tree stands within the Want to Buy forums, part of the Classifieds category; I sold my climber and hang on stands before the move and against my wifeís warnings no less. I find myself in the market for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hang on tree stands

Member #
    Liked
    2406 times

Hang on tree stands

I sold my climber and hang on stands before the move and against my wifeís warnings no less. I find myself in the market for a couple hang on stands. Nothing thatís gonna cost me a trip to the loan officer at the bank either. They could very well get used and chewed on by some bears at my bait sites.
    So what sites/ stores, brands/ models are some low budget but good hang on stands that arenít heavy either? I havenít bought a stand in nearly 15 years and am so far outta the loop on them.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1432 times
    Midway USA, just about everything for shooting,hunting & the outdoors.
    Bullbuster and kwaynem like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Seems like there is a bigger badder better lighter design stand comes out every fall they say will give you shots at better game
    Bullbuster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3253 times
    Iíve used some Walmart ladder type buddy blinds in the past, but Iím pretty much in fixed box blinds now.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2406 times
    My issue is I have a 1/2 mile hike through the woods to one site and a 1.5 mile hike to the other. Ladder stands would be a pain to get in and out. My kids would have issues with a climber I’m sure. Hang on seems most effective and practical for my situation.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1544 times
    I have a few you can have. Only 2 conditions. You can't tighten or tinker with them and you have to have a few cameras pointed at them and run a live pod cast linked to all of us here on this forum.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    990 times
    Iíve never been one to pay lots of money for a tree stand. If bears could be chewing on them I would look for one that uses a chain and not a strap. Although I have no idea if they still make em that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kwaynem and Bullbuster like this.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1167 times
    I convert mine to accept chains sunlight and squirrels play hell on straps

Member #
    Liked
    2406 times
    I’m contemplating just using a pop up blind this fall and focus on getting a stand(s) for next year. Thinking the late fall end of season gear sales people have may be the ticket.
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3253 times
    One of those bears might think your a meal with that honey bun in your pocket while sitting in a ground blind!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast