WTB .375 bullets

WTB .375 bullets

This is a discussion on WTB .375 bullets within the Want to Buy forums, part of the Classifieds category; looking for couple of boxes of Hornady .375 220gr Interlock Item 3705. Anybody one or two boxes the want to get rid of? Even partial ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TheDoubleD
  • 1 Post By TheDoubleD

Thread: WTB .375 bullets

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

WTB .375 bullets

looking for couple of boxes of Hornady .375 220gr Interlock Item 3705.

Anybody one or two boxes the want to get rid of? Even partial box.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3479 times
    I know a guy that has all the reloading components, but I'm pretty sure he won't sell any. We were talking reloading/shooting yesterday for awhile and he mentioned that caliber in a couple of rifles he is building.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Dennis,

I bought this rifle this summer-cheap for this type of rifle-way cheap. I had put the word out to friends I was looking for .303 British Sporting Martini. One of them found this .303 Britsh Bonehill Martini on Gunbroker.

Bore was described as dark. Test fired it and got a 23 inch 6 shot group. (yes just under 2 feet.)

Did a heavy clean out and the gun has no rifling left to speak of. Shadows yes, but that's it. Decide to reline the barrel back to .303.

Then a month ago a facebook friend told about this rifle-a .303 Rawbone Martini. He didn't get the word I had found one last summer.

This one was excessively high priced and bore was describe as bright an shiny. My FB friend had checked the bore and he said it looked good also. Spent two weeks negotiating and got the gun at full market value. I am hoping to pick it up today at JD Outfitters.

If this Rawbone will shoot it will be come my deer stand rifle.

Then instead relining the Bonehill in .303, I will reline it to .375 2 1/2" Flanged NE express and use it as deer stand rifle also.

These 220 grain Hornady bullets were designed for the .375 Winchester. They are soft enough to expand at lower velocities of the .375 Winchester and the .375 2 1/2" Flanged NE. Most .375 bullets are harder for the higher velocity .375 H&H. Hornady has discontinued these bullets.

So that is why I am looking for these bullets.

So does any one have any Hornady .375 220gr Interlock Item 3705 bullets, even partial boxes to sell, trade or give away?
    Bullbuster and dennishoddy like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3479 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoubleD View Post
    Dennis,

I bought this rifle this summer-cheap for this type of rifle-way cheap. I had put the word out to friends I was looking for .303 British Sporting Martini. One of them found this .303 Britsh Bonehill Martini on Gunbroker.

Bore was described as dark. Test fired it and got a 23 inch 6 shot group. (yes just under 2 feet.)

Did a heavy clean out and the gun has no rifling left to speak of. Shadows yes, but that's it. Decide to reline the barrel back to .303.

Then a month ago a facebook friend told about this rifle-a .303 Rawbone Martini. He didn't get the word I had found one last summer.

This one was excessively high priced and bore was describe as bright an shiny. My FB friend had checked the bore and he said it looked good also. Spent two weeks negotiating and got the gun at full market value. I am hoping to pick it up today at JD Outfitters.

If this Rawbone will shoot it will be come my deer stand rifle.

Then instead relining the Bonehill in .303, I will reline it to .375 2 1/2" Flanged NE express and use it as deer stand rifle also.

These 220 grain Hornady bullets were designed for the .375 Winchester. They are soft enough to expand at lower velocities of the .375 Winchester and the .375 2 1/2" Flanged NE. Most .375 bullets are harder for the higher velocity .375 H&H. Hornady has discontinued these bullets.

So that is why I am looking for these bullets.

So does any one have any Hornady .375 220gr Interlock Item 3705 bullets, even partial boxes to sell, trade or give away?
    Beautiful old guns. Enjoy them!

I'll be seeing him again Friday and I'll ask.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    1531 times
    Beautiful guns for sure.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    No longer need these bullets found a some.

Thanks for looking.
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3479 times
    Good deal!