Griffin Armament QD Blast Shield

This is a discussion on Griffin Armament QD Blast Shield within the Silencer Shop forums, part of the Vendors category; A cool new product from Griffin Armament the QD Blast Shield. Especially effective on short barrels, the unique design of the QD Blast Shield directs ...

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times

A cool new product from Griffin Armament the QD Blast Shield. Especially effective on short barrels, the unique design of the QD Blast Shield directs concussive force forward allowing an end user to rapidly reconfigure muzzle device function. It goes over the Griffin line of QD 5.56 mounts including the Flash Comp, Muzzle Brake, Compensating Flash Hider, and Tactical Compensator.

It is also compatible with A2 Compensators that fall within the NATO spec blueprinted dimensions. Although many companies manufacture A2 style compensators not all of them are dimensioned properly. Not Compatible with BCM, BCE or PWS muzzle devices.

The Griffin QD Blast shield is available on our site Griffin Armament QD BLAST SHIELD - For Sale
    Also check out this video from Griffin.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    512-931-4556

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Cool concept. The video left out any accuracy issues. Does it help or hurt?
    I have a .243WSSM in an AR platform. I wanted to use a Levang linear compensator to direct the muzzle blast forward. I tried a dozen different loads and couldn't hit the side of a barn. Found out the Barrel manufacturer gave me a different twist than what I had requested, so I went to a heavier bullet, and still couldn't get accuracy.
    Removed the compensator and the accuracy came.

What I didn't see in the video was an accuracy test with and without the QD Blast installed or not installed.

I'm truly interested in this concept, but I'd need to see some accuracy comparisons.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    I've been looking at linear comps for my new AR pistol build. This looks like a great, quality product. I like the QD feature. It's too rich for my blood though. $150?! For what it is, I honestly expected a lower price point. There are dozens of linear comps, krink cans, etc out there that serve the same purpose for much cheaper. Sure they are not QD, but honestly, how long does it take to unscrew any muzzle device really? No offense to the manufacturer, of course, it's an inventive product. It's just not an option for me unless my salary drastically increases. lol. To each his own, I suppose.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Cool concept. The video left out any accuracy issues. Does it help or hurt?
    I have a .243WSSM in an AR platform. I wanted to use a Levang linear compensator to direct the muzzle blast forward. I tried a dozen different loads and couldn't hit the side of a barn. Found out the Barrel manufacturer gave me a different twist than what I had requested, so I went to a heavier bullet, and still couldn't get accuracy.
    Removed the compensator and the accuracy came.

What I didn't see in the video was an accuracy test with and without the QD Blast installed or not installed.

I'm truly interested in this concept, but I'd need to see some accuracy comparisons.
    It won't change accuracy at all. It was designed not to effect the ballistics of the bullet.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    512-931-4556